XWP: Senior Project Manager
Posted over 2 years ago
Headquarters: Melbourne, Australia
Join our remote-first, distributed team and guide delivery of world-class WordPress engineering and exceptional experiences for our clients, including leading publishers like News Corp Australia and tech leaders like Google.
Areas of Focus
- Team leadership, enablement, and support
- Client project-specific communication
- SOW deliverable tracking
- Project timeline management and team scheduling
- Project financial monitoring and reporting
- Gathering information on additional opportunities with clients
- Facilitating and obtaining an estimation/effort level from the team for all work
- Setting up all necessary project work spaces
- Facilitating meetings, capturing and disseminating notes (internal and external) during our Agile Scrum rhythms
- Serving as the main point of contact for the client
- Ensuring client satisfaction
- Tracking, managing and reporting on project budget, scope, and timeline
- Creating and disseminating project-specific delivery status reports
- Reviewing and approving timesheets
- Ensuring project is properly resourced and running efficiently
- Escalating project concerns to appropriate channels
- Working closely with Architects to validate technical dependencies and needs to successfully complete projects
- Understanding all components of the SOW, and ensuring deliverables are met
- Managing client invoicing
This is a mid to senior-level role, with a typical pay range of USD $45 to $75 per hour for contractors or a salary for employees of $75,000 to $120,000 with benefits, depending on proven experience level and engagement terms.
You’ll be joining a remote-first, distributed team of over 30 people hailing from 5 continents, including Product Managers, Product Owners, Architects & Engineers, Quality Analysts, UX Architects & Designers. Enjoy benefits including:
- Trust and support from your colleagues (we look out for each other as we work towards a shared purpose)
- The rewards of a highly collaborative culture (we’re a team, not a working group)
- The joys of remote work: schedule flexibility, skip the commute, more time for family and interests outside of work
- The chance to play an important part in helping XWP achieve its full potential and make a meaningful difference for our clients, team members and the WordPress community
At XWP you will become part of a much bigger community of X-Teamers from the X-Company brands, which is hundreds strong, and includes XWP, X-Team, and XFive.
One of the ultimate perks of working at XWP is your Unleash+ membership, which gives you $2,500 per year to use toward activities that keep you energized so you can learn, grow and unleash your potential.
Participate in our epic Seasons every quarter, designed to get you energized and doing more of the things you love to do. We'll constantly provide you with new, motivating side quests and challenges, spanning a range of Paths focused around your passions, like travel, coding, gaming, fitness, etc.
Travel to work alongside other X-Teamers at one of our free hacker houses (X-Outposts) around the world. The X-Outpost changes locations monthly, allowing people to explore & work remotely in the most beautiful locations.
- Significant technical project management experience at the enterprise level
- Proven effectiveness leading remote, distributed teams
- Significant experience with agile methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Kanban)
- Proven track record delivering exceptional client experiences
- Servant-leadership approach to team members and clients
- Demonstrated skills in managing schedules and budgets with teams up to 15 people
- Scrum training and certifications (e.g. PSM or CSM)
- PMP training and certifications (e.g. PMP and PMI-ACP)
- Deep experience administering projects in Atlassian’s Jira
- Familiarity with working on high-scale WordPress installs and platforms like WordPress.com VIP
- An understanding of the WordPress community and recent developments in WordPress
- Interest in participating in and passion for giving back to the WordPress community
- Background as a developer/software engineer
You will also want to have these characteristics:
- Highly organized, motivated, and execution-oriented
- Self-starter comfortable working in a highly technical environment
- Demonstrated ability for continuous learning, creativity, and problem solving
- Ability to work effectively and dependably in a remote work environment
XWP is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and strive to create an inclusive environment for all team members.
To apply: https://join.xwp.co/o/senior-project-manager-remote/c/new
A new window will open to the job source site.