Wild West Media: Technical Writer
Posted about 2 years ago
Headquarters: Lawrence, Kansas
Who We Are
Wild West Media provides competitive advertising strategies to the top 1% of Amazon Sellers. We create story-driven instructional courses to educate and empower Amazon Sellers to scale their business with Amazon Advertising. We combine Western-themed stories with cutting-edge instructional design to create an engaging, interactive experience for our students.
Who You Are
You are an experienced Technical Writer that creates online documentation combining screenshots and structured text. You have the skills and experience to create help center articles that will provide entrepreneurs with the step-by-step instruction they need to complete highly technical software and advertising tasks.
You have a basic understanding of digital marketing workflows. Key processes you’ll be documenting are navigating software interfaces, compiling keyword and competitive research in Airtable, and advertising campaign management in Amazon Seller Central. You have extensive experience creating structured hierarchies and information flows in online help centers like Intercom, HelpScout, and ZenDesk.
Even though we offer a remote opportunity, we work in a highly collaborative environment. The Amazon Advertising platform is relatively new and constantly evolving and changing. It’s crucial that we have accurate and up-to-date process documentation for our advertising students.
Technical Writer Responsibilities:
- Create step-by-step instructions from short video overviews and transcripts
- Meet and collaborate with the subject matter expert to understand the workflows for documentation
- Break down large and complex tasks and workflows into bite-sized articles
- Create training documentation on how to use software platforms
- Integrate screenshot sequences into written instructions
- Design and format step-by-step articles in Intercom Help Center
- Write conversational and instructional copy for PDF study guides
- Collaborate with the advertising team remotely via Slack and video meetings
- Create multiple drafts and refine your work based on team feedback
Technical Writer Requirements:
- 3+ years technical and instructional writing experience
- Immaculate written and verbal communication
- Experience creating, formatting, and designing online help center documentation
- Experience capturing high-quality, high-resolution screen captures
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Proficient in Google Docs and Microsoft Word
- TechSmith Snagit (screenshot software) experience a plus
- Intercom Help Center experience a plus
- TechSmith Camtasia video experience a plus
Wild West Media values and rewards loyalty and hard work. We’re committed to creating great work experiences for our team with opportunities for advancement.
Wild West Media has been scaling search and display campaigns in competitive markets for 15+ years. If you’re interested in seeing our brand and presentation style, here’s a link to our CEO, Cherie Yvette, presenting on Amazon Advertising:
If you are interested in this opportunity, please e-mail a resumé and cover letter, including details about yourself and your technical writing experience, to email@example.com. Please include examples of instructional articles you’ve created for online knowledge bases or help centers
To apply: firstname.lastname@example.org
A new window will open to the job source site.