A daily email of jobs matching your skills and preferences.Sign Up 👋
Liquid Cinema - 6 Month Contract - Toronto
Our client, Liquid Cinema, is looking to hire a WebGL Developer for a 6 month contract based in Toronto, with a likelihood of extension.
Your New Role
As a WebGL Developer, you will be assisting with application development involving Virtual Reality software products. The product offering includes desktop authoring software, mobile and Windows based VR applications. The role requires development on the desktop authoring software product and implementing an innovative update over the course of the fall. The successful candidate should be comfortable working in a creative, technical, and entrepreneurial environment. The role is based in Toronto but could be partially remote depending on the candidate
* Application development of efficient WebGL, OpenGL code
* User Interface development of the product design update
* Unit testing and debugging as required during the testing process
* Code optimization as required as per the update requirements
* Draft technical documentation as required update implementation
* Perform VR software and hardware device related research as required
* Follow company standard processes and procedures
* Diagnose and resolve technical software issues as required
* Identify and escalate priority issues per issue specifications
* Redirect and report problems to appropriate team members
* Accurately process and record issues using company tracking software
* Maintain knowledge and status of software system information, changes, updates and versions
* Assist with creating and editing consumer facing product support guide content
What You'll Need to Succeed
* Comfortable with VR and AR application related product design
* Effectively participate in Software Requirements and Solutions Architecture planning activities
* Experience with web development using web frameworks such as React, Flutter, Node.js, Meteor, AngularJS, Vue.js, Ember.js. Knowledge of Graphics API's and shader languages
* Experience with Unity, Unreal and 3D software would be ideal
* Software engineering foundation and a commitment to writing efficient well architected code
* Interest in 2D/3D animation, gaming, video, cinema, photography, audio, graphic design
* Understanding of GPU architecture designs
* Organized with solid written and verbal communication skills
* Working in a team and taking direction as required
* Strong multi-tasking capabilities
* Detail oriented, creative and open-minded attitude
* At ease using team productivity tools such as GitHub, Slack and Asana
* Undergraduate or Graduate Degree completed or in progress in a related technology or design program
What You'll get in Return
The client is offering a 6 month engagement and a very competitive hourly rate for the contract.
If you're available and interested in this role, please reply to this email as soon as you can attaching your updated resume and hourly rate requirement.
Hays Specialist Recruitment is working in partnership with Liquid Cinema to manage the recruitment of this position.
A new window will open to the job source site.
Growing a career that's right for you is a life-changer, but it's undeniable that the job search gets tougher every year. With automated hiring processes, resume filters and questionable interview practices, finding a job that a tech skillset has become seriously challenging.
That's where we step in. Careeriscope can help lighten the stress load by making your search a bit easier. We help you find matches based on the job search criteria you set, then send a summary of the results in a daily email sent every morning for review.