Find your next great job
A daily email of jobs matching your skills and preferences.
Sign Up 👋
Web Developer with Ruby on Rails experience at Gen Con LLC (allows remote)
Posted almost 2 years ago
Each year, 70,000 gamers from all around the world attend Gen Con, the largest and longest-running annual event devoted to tabletop gaming culture in North America! The Gen Con development team builds the systems which support the event production team and those who attend the show. Our systems are continuously evolving and we are looking for web developers to work on the Gen Con's website in the following ways:
- Collaborate with stakeholders, designers, and other developers to define technical requirements and estimate effort
- Design and implement front-end and back-end functionality with quality, maintainable code
- Write documentation, implement automated tests and contribute to manual testing plans
- Maintain and address issues in website as they arise and are assigned
- Contribute to design of overall system
- Adhere to and help improve the team’s development processes and workflows
- Participate in code reviews and contribute to establishing best practices for achieving and maintaining a quality system
- Research new technologies and patterns to incorporate in the platform
This job is for contractors. Compensation is on an hourly or project basis
This job is remote. You can work from anywhere you like
- Must have 5+ years of professional experience designing and building web applications as part of a team
- Must have experience with software development lifecycle practices and methodologies like Scrum and Agile
- Must have 1+ years of professional experience working in Ruby on Rails
- Must have 1+ years of professional experience working with SQL databases
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be organized and detail oriented
- Must be a self-starter, able to take initiative and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
- Must have experience writing and maintaining automated tests and documentation for your work
- Good to have experience with back-end web application frameworks
- Good to have experience with front-end web application frameworks and/or React
- Good to have experience with document-oriented / NoSQL databases like MongoDB
- Nice to have experience developing mobile applications, particularly with frameworks like React Native
- Nice to have skills and experience in DevOps and/or system administration
A new window will open to the job source site.
Job research tailored to you.
Growing a career that's right for you is a life-changer, but it's undeniable that the job search
gets tougher every year. With automated hiring processes, resume filters and questionable interview practices,
finding a job that a tech skillset has become seriously challenging.
That's where we step in. Careeriscope can help lighten the stress load by making your search a bit easier. We
help you find matches based on the job search criteria you set, then send a summary of the results in a daily
email sent every morning for review.