Find your next great job
A daily email of jobs matching your skills and preferences.
Sign Up 👋
Web Developer at Flocknote (allows remote)
Posted over 2 years ago
We don't have a particular Web Developer opening right now; however, we are always looking for developers who are a good fit for our team and care about our company mission. If you think that's you, please apply and fill out the questions. We will review applications periodically and let you know when we have openings.
We’re a small, startup dev team with a passion for the Church and making great things. We work hard, have fun, and are always improving. Because we’re a small shop, you must be self-motivated, able to manage your day-to-day schedule, and a very good communicator. You’ll have your hands in everything, from the data model to stylesheets, from concepts to launches, from process to implementation.
If you have a passion to help the Church, and if you enjoy dreaming up smart ways to solve problems and then watching your code come to life to make a real difference in the world, keep reading.
- Co-managing technical aspects of the Flocknote service, including maintaining the health, uptime and performance of all Flocknote servers.
- Continuing to build out Flocknote’s robust back end, including queueing & messaging systems, user management & security, data archiving, email reputation & sending, and more.
- Integrating with multiple 3rd party services, including billing, credit card processing, short (and long) code text messaging, phone calling, Amazon SES, Amazon S3, Facebook, Twitter and others.
- Implementing and developing new features across all areas of the stack.
- Exterminating bugs and helping our support team make sure our customers have a great experience with Flocknote.
- To know your way around a LAMP stack.
- Experience with OOP concepts and PHP (7) framework-based development.
- Experience maintaining Linux VPS servers running Apache, PHP, and MySQL.
- A strong knowledge of security best practices, especially as it relates to websites, including understanding of CSRF, XSS, encryption, SQL injection, etc.
- The ability to learn quickly, multitask, and work independently in a fast-moving and dynamic environment.
- To be a self-starter and a go-getter with extraordinary integrity.
- To be flexible, honest, professional, easy to get along with, and enthusiastic with strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience developing simple iPhone and/or Android applications, using Objective-C (or Swift) and Java, respectively.
- Experience developing cross-client email design and understanding differences in HTML layout and compatibility issues for various email clients.
- Ability to debug performance issues using XHProf, viewing log files, and using MySQL’s EXPLAIN queries.
- Experience with AWS.
- Knowledge of Elasticsearch and other NoSQL datastores.
This is a full time position with salary and benefits. Telecommuting may be an option depending on the candidate.
IN ADDITION, please provide answers to the following in the 'Introduce yourself' section when you click to apply:
- Very briefly tell us about you. (Not your skill set, but what makes you tick.)
- What is your favorite junk food and why?
- Please describe the nerdiest thing you’ve ever done.
A new window will open to the job source site.
Job research tailored to you.
Growing a career that's right for you is a life-changer, but it's undeniable that the job search
gets tougher every year. With automated hiring processes, resume filters and questionable interview practices,
finding a job that a tech skillset has become seriously challenging.
That's where we step in. Careeriscope can help lighten the stress load by making your search a bit easier. We
help you find matches based on the job search criteria you set, then send a summary of the results in a daily
email sent every morning for review.