Find your next great job
A daily email of jobs matching your skills and preferences.
Sign Up 👋
Web Designer at komoot (allows remote)
Posted almost 2 years ago
Millions of people experience real-life adventures with our apps. We help people all over the world discover the best hiking and biking routes, empowering our users to explore more of the great outdoors. And we’re good at it: Google and Apple have listed us as one of their Apps of the Year numerous times — and with more than 8 million users and 50,000 five-star reviews, komoot is on its way to becoming one of the world’s most popular cycling and hiking apps. Behind the app screen is a passionate fully remote team working from 12 countries — that’s over 50 people with a shared mission to help our users experience real-life adventures, on foot or by bike. If you’d like to help to build the future of outdoor exploration, we’re looking for a talented, enthusiastic Web Designer to join our team.
What you will do
- Own and drive the web design of core komoot products and take a lead on individual UX work streams
- Conceptualize original web design ideas that bring simplicity and user-friendliness to complex roadblocks, and improve and optimize landing pages
- Create mockups, prototypes and user flows to communicate interaction and design ideas
- Come up with new features as well as improve the existing ones, test ideas with users and run A/B tests
- Work closely with other designers, backend team members and product managers in quick iteration cycles based on real feedback from users
Why you will love it
- Your work will enable millions of people to have awesome outdoor experiences
- You’ll build and improve a product that we’re pretty sure you’ll end up using for your own outdoor trips
- You’ll be developing in fast cycles with continuous testing and building based on direct user feedback
- You will become a key player amongst a team of highly motivated and talented people
- We let you work from wherever you want, be it a beach, the mountains, your house or anywhere else that lies in any time zone situated between UTC-1 and UTC+3
- You’ll travel together with our team to amazing outdoor places several times a year to exchange ideas, learnings and go for hikes and rides
You will be successful in this position if you
- Have 3+ years of experience as a Web designer, UI/UX designer or similar role related to web-based products
- Can clearly demonstrate and apply your outstanding skills in developing and implementing layouts, interfaces and user flows
- Have an excellent eye for design and attention to detail: you’re obsessed with designing awesome products that users love
- You are up-to-date with the latest web technologies, techniques, and features
- Have experience working in a remote team, hand in hand with developers
- Have good communication skills and enjoy working with teammates in quick iteration cycles based on real feedback from users
Sounds like you?
Send us the following
- Your CV in English
- A write-up explaining who you are and why you are interested in working at komoot
- Examples of your work (e.g. GitHub, PDFs, Dribble, Slideshare, etc.)
- Feel free to send us something that shows us a little more about what you’re interested in, be it your Twitter/Instagram account, or your OpenStreetMap profile if you have one
Change the Way People Explore!
A new window will open to the job source site.
Job research tailored to you.
Growing a career that's right for you is a life-changer, but it's undeniable that the job search
gets tougher every year. With automated hiring processes, resume filters and questionable interview practices,
finding a job that a tech skillset has become seriously challenging.
That's where we step in. Careeriscope can help lighten the stress load by making your search a bit easier. We
help you find matches based on the job search criteria you set, then send a summary of the results in a daily
email sent every morning for review.