A daily email of jobs matching your skills and preferences.Sign Up 👋
Application Systems Programmer Analyst
Application Systems Programmer Analyst
Location: Work from home/ Remote/ OH
Duration: 9 months
This person will help support the Corporate Bank applications in a technical support role.
With minimal supervision, the candidate should be able to perform the following:
Advanced hands-on technical support with a strong focus on client impact and automation of support processes.
Ability to understand general security standards and code deployment standards.
Respond to errors and emergencies within applications and programs.
Assist in the implementation and maintenance of database and software.
Document internal procedures.
Monitor tickets assigned to the queue and process first - in first - out based on priority
Work closely with infrastructure partners, internal lines of business, testing and developments teams.
Write design for programs, files /system working with the clients on projects
Test - Define system tests, conduct tests and verify
Deploy - Migrate components to higher environments via established standards
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides application support and participates in the on-call schedule - this includes nights and weekends
- Research issues leveraging application logs/database and infrastructure logs.
- Willing to train other team members
- Leads the deployment of new applications, upgrades and fixes.
- Integrates 3rd party solutions as applicable.
- Creates support solutions that are useable and efficient and can articulate them successfully to others
- Participates actively in solution analysis and creation of technical design, and evaluates 3rd party solutions as applicable.
- Understand the application and how it interfaces with other applications
- Provides planning estimates for development solutions and works with others to encourage idea generation and accuracy of estimates.
- Offers alternative Development tasks to save time and money.
- Completes successful Unit testing, documents results and recommends turn over to Quality Engineering Services or our Operations partners for Integrated Testing within schedule and budget. Encourages all other team members to do the same.
- Documents functions and changes to new or modified applications, test scripts/results and backup/recovery procedures.
- Completes appropriate System Documentation clearly and effectively and communicates to others.
- Communicates when development tasks could be at risk to appropriate stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audience
- Creates code packages, as required, for migrating code to production in mainframe or distributed environment using the appropriate packaging tool.
- Create and follow change request to completion.
- Prepare training materials needed for technical team related to supported applications.
Ability to read XML and edit. Ability to write XML is a nice to have
Ability to understand tables and write queries for Oracle Database using SQL Developer
Ability to write scripts using Unix Bash scripting as well as editing current scripts as needed.
Ability to integrate and support vendor supplied software.
Ability to use Unix commands to maneuver between directories and extract data
Ability to write Java Batch programs or edit old ones as needed
Ability to write Apache Tomcat and Eclipse
Ability to use TWS to look up mainframe jobs is a nice to have
General knowledge of WebMethods, MQ, and WebSphere Bachelor's Degree or work experience equivalent
At least 3 years' experience in application support related processes.
Very good written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to work with others, and independently.
Skill Name Level Years Mandatory (Yes/No)
Experience with Unix, WAS, WebMethods 5 0-3 Years Yes
At least 3 years of on call application support 5 4-5 Years Yes
Willingness to share knowledge with others to help them learn 5 0-3 Years Yes
A new window will open to the job source site.
Growing a career that's right for you is a life-changer, but it's undeniable that the job search gets tougher every year. With automated hiring processes, resume filters and questionable interview practices, finding a job that a tech skillset has become seriously challenging.
That's where we step in. Careeriscope can help lighten the stress load by making your search a bit easier. We help you find matches based on the job search criteria you set, then send a summary of the results in a daily email sent every morning for review.