Unhaggle Inc.: Test Automation Engineer
Posted 13 days ago
Headquarters: Toronto, Canada
Do you have a sixth sense for how a web app is going to break? The rare ability to empathize with software users? A talent for picking out edge cases and corner cases?
If that sounds like you, we're looking for a test engineer to help ensure that customers of our ecommerce platform have a magical experience.
Unhaggle is currently the #1 web portal in Canada for buying a new car. The data we provide powers our own tools and products, including our flagship consumer car buying service at Unhaggle.com and leading automotive portals including Yahoo Autos, MSN Autos, Autofocus, AutoGuide, Globe Drive, and others. We've recently partnered with auto makers to launch a large ecommerce platform allowing the complete purchase of new cars online. This is where you come in.
You'll work directly with the development team, but also collaborate with product managers, customer service, and sales people to better understand the issues faced by our customers. Your mandate will be to ensure that the software works as designed, and you'll enjoy some autonomy in deciding how to achieve that. The roles & responsibilities:
- Convert end-to-end user scenarios to Test Cases
- Execute all test cases during releases & create Test Reports
- Write maintainable/scalable/efficient automation code
- Deliver consistent high-quality software test scripts for functional testing
- Diligently test functionality by performing thorough regression/smoke tests before code deployments
- Design, develop, and execute automated test harnesses around Backend APIs & Front-end UI
- Knowledge of testing techniques like Equivalence partitioning, Boundary value analysis, Decision table testing, Exploratory testing
- Experience in testing web-based enterprise applications and products
- Experience in Features testing, Regression testing, System Testing & Performance Testing
- Good experience in Selenium or other relevant Web Automation tools
- Understanding of Git & Continuous integration
- Experience working in Agile development process (Scrum, Kanban)
Bonus points for
- Experience working closely with remote team members in different timezones
- Open to learn & work in new tools & languages
- Experience of database and APIs would be preferred
- Leads test automation efforts using Selenium & CodeceptJS
- Experience in designing Test scripts using CodeceptJS
- Cucumber skills would be added advantage
- Eager to work remotely and independently, from anywhere in the world.
- Easy going. You'll collaborate with developers all over the world, from different cultures and backgrounds, in different time zones, and you can get along with all of them.
- Comfortable with video calls, and contributing to retrospectives, post-mortems, and design discussions.
- Not looking for relocation - we're a distributed team, and plan to stay that way.
Working at Unhaggle, you'll be helping consumers get the best price on new cars, and changing the industry along the way. You'll have the opportunity to leave a large footprint and have real impact in the products you help ship every single day to our customers.
You'll also get access to the best tools we've been able to find. You'll use GitHub, Jira, and Docker to manage tasks and code reviews, as well as Travis-CI, New Relic, Sentry, BrowserStack, Stripe, Twilio and Redis. You, your team, and the whole company will be in constant contact on Slack.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/unhaggle-inc-test-automation-engineer-1
A new window will open to the job source site.