Find your next great job
A daily email of jobs matching your skills and preferences.
Sign Up 👋
Tiny Boards: Junior Full Stack Ruby on Rails Developer
Posted about 2 years ago
Headquarters: Victoria, BC.
Tiny Boards, makers of We Work Remotely, is looking for a talented Junior Full Stack Ruby on Rails Developer to join our team on-site in Victoria, BC or remotely (within Canada).
Who you are:
- Authorized to work in Canada
- You have a genuine desire to grow as a Ruby on Rails Developer
- You have a passion for solving complex technical problems with elegant solutions.
- You thrive in a collaborative environment, welcome feedback and exhibit strong attention to detail.
- You’re comfortable in a fast-paced environment with little red tape and have the ability to make an immediate impact.
- Solid coding chops and comfort working across the entire stack
- A passion for building clean, intuitive user experiences
What we're seeking:
- Basic understanding of the Ruby programming language and Rails framework.
- 1+ years of professional full-stack web development.
- Previous experience maintaining production applications.
- Focus on writing clear, maintainable, tested code.
- Experience with Git, continuous integration and regular deployments.
- Understanding and appreciation of UX and usability.
- Excellent written communication skills
Nice to haves:
- An eye for design and ability to produce pixel-perfect apps from high-fidelity designs
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB and Redis
- Proficiency in at least one modern programming language (Python, Ruby, Java, etc.)
- DevOps experience with AWS
- Familiarity with Heroku and scaling production applications proficiently
Who we are:
Tiny Boards is a small remote team who just happens to live in the same city, beautiful Victoria, BC, Canada. 🇨🇦 We’re passionate about creating awesome communities and making jobs more accessible to everyone. Our stable and relaxed working environment is balanced with a natural curiosity to test and try new things while maintaining a strong foundation for communication and collaboration to thrive. Adopting an outcome-driven approach, we take pride in working hard while supporting work-life balance and embracing a high culture of trust.
This is a six-month contract with the potential to extend to a full-time position. Benefits for full-time employees include:
- Freedom to choose when and where you work from
- Unlimited vacation days, plus your local stat holidays
- Healthcare package
To apply: email@example.com
A new window will open to the job source site.
Job research tailored to you.
Growing a career that's right for you is a life-changer, but it's undeniable that the job search
gets tougher every year. With automated hiring processes, resume filters and questionable interview practices,
finding a job that a tech skillset has become seriously challenging.
That's where we step in. Careeriscope can help lighten the stress load by making your search a bit easier. We
help you find matches based on the job search criteria you set, then send a summary of the results in a daily
email sent every morning for review.