Find your next great job
A daily email of jobs matching your skills and preferences.
Sign Up 👋
Systems Engineer (DevOps) - work from home (UK) at Surevine (Bristol, UK) (allows remote)
Posted almost 2 years ago
Do you love to learn and share with a team who can rely on you and your attention to detail? We want a team player; someone to help the team get things done in an environment that expects creativity and is obsessive about innovation. We are seeking a proactive Systems Engineer / DevOps Engineer to support a growing distributed team of exceptional software engineers. You will plan, deploy, maintain and secure critical business applications for Surevine as well as our software development projects, and our customers.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a small growing company and shape the way we work
Location: UK-wide remote base - work from home; with regular travel to Gloucestershire/Wiltshire
Start date: Open/asap
Skills and experience
- 4+ years within a systems engineering / infrastructure environment, ideally with experience in DevOps
- Strong background in Linux / Unix administration
- Expertise in at least one of: PostgreSQL, MongoDB, MySQL or MariaDB
- Experience with developing templates and playbooks for automation/configuration management e.g. Ansible or Amazon CloudFormation
- Demonstrable experience in commodity cloud services such as AWS
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an ‘Always-Up, Always-Available’ service
- Understanding of virtualisation such as VMWare, VirtualBox, Xen and KVM
- Detail-orientated with strong critical thinking skills and a problem-solving aptitude
- Familiar with development tools such as Jenkins, Atlassian Stack and Git
- Ability to work supporting a number of different remote teams and projects
- AWS Foundation Certification or higher
- Experience of managing and deploying containerised applications using Docker, LXC etc.
- Experience of executing and interpreting automated security tests e.g. Burpsuite
- Experience of implementing system monitoring using SNMP, Nagios, Check_MK etc.
- Experience of supporting production applications based on one or more of the following: Jive, Alfresco, Rocketchat, Jitsi
- Working understanding of code and script e.g. PHP, Python, Java and/or Ruby
- Design and implement appropriate environments, often in AWS, for operational applications, and engineer suitable release management procedures and provide production support
- Automate the provisioning of environments in AWS using technology that we adopt (Ansible / Docker) or bring in a new approach
- Design and develop automation workflows, perform unit tests and conduct reviews to make sure your work is rigorously designed, elegantly coded, and effectively tuned for platform performance, and assess the overall quality of delivered components
- Influence our software development teams to adopt DevOps best practices
- Troubleshoot problems; involving the appropriate people from within Surevine and our support partners to drive resolution of issues, with a focus on minimising impact to our customers
- Participate in the Agile DevOps design, development, testing and release of new capabilities and features, with a focus on release and post-production support
- Be part of our Care (support) team, working to SLAs and sharing responsibility for providing extended hours support for a number of our operational products
- Act as a Service Lead for one of our support projects, taking responsibility for driving continuous improvement to both the production environment and supporting processes
- Support development of corporate Security Policy, ISO27001 compliance and change management, situation / disaster analysis
- Security engineering infrastructure development e.g. hardening security environment
A new window will open to the job source site.
Job research tailored to you.
Growing a career that's right for you is a life-changer, but it's undeniable that the job search
gets tougher every year. With automated hiring processes, resume filters and questionable interview practices,
finding a job that a tech skillset has become seriously challenging.
That's where we step in. Careeriscope can help lighten the stress load by making your search a bit easier. We
help you find matches based on the job search criteria you set, then send a summary of the results in a daily
email sent every morning for review.