Sweet: Sr. Software Engineer
Posted about 2 years ago
Headquarters: Detroit, MI
At Sweet, we’re building a modern cell phone service. We take on big problems in a complicated industry to make staying connected a bit more affordable for everyone.
Sweet is partnered with the nation’s largest networks and has raised more than $7M in venture capital funding from investors like 8VC, Rise of the Rest, and Betaworks. We’re a distributed team of modern technologists that came from top consumer web companies like WordPress, Facebook, and Mailchimp.
About The Role:
Sweet is looking for an experienced Sr. Software Developer to join our engineering team. You’ll take part in the development of our established Elixir/Phoenix application, working closely with our CTO to improve the existing software as well as to build new features to support our growing business. Ideal candidates may be located anywhere in the world.
- Maintain and update our back-end Phoenix application
- Gain industry expertise and understand our Product Strategy
- Create and refine API specs with our front-end engineering team
- Cover new and existing code with automated tests
- Code business logic to automate customer interactions
- Expand the existing integrations with 3rd-party APIs
- Improve the developer experience
- Assist in hiring additional developers
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering
- 2+ years of Elixir/Phoenix experience
- 3+ years of relevant DevOps/SysOps
- Worked and thrived in a remote team environment
- Effectively mentored and delegated to junior engineers
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Expertise in Ecto, from schema migrations to complex queries.
- Deployed and monitored production apps on AWS with Kubernetes
- Used CircleCI or other CI/CD for test and deployment
- Familiar with cross-platform mobile app building and testing
- Planned and executed complex projects with small engineering teams
- Successfully sourced and recruited potential team members
3 Reasons You Should Apply:
- You love working with Elixir
- You’re itching for a new challenge
- You enjoy working with incredibly talented people that push you to be better
- Remote Team with quarterly meetups
- Benefits like Medical, 401(k), and Unlimited PTO
- Reimbursements for select office supplies, like monitors
If this role feels right for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet 100% of the description or qualifications.
To apply: firstname.lastname@example.org
A new window will open to the job source site.