Surevine: Software Engineer – Java Developer
Posted about 2 years ago
Headquarters: Bristol, England, UK
We are a small, highly successful UK based software house looking to recruit a permanent Software Engineer to join its distributed development team in a Java Developer role. It is a work from home role – must be based in the UK – with full support given (both in regular communications and tech) to our remote working model and you will join a motivated, talented tech team.
We aren’t looking for a ‘Rock Star’ or a ‘Ninja’. We aren’t looking for a ‘Super Star Developer’ either. We want a team player; someone who is tenacious about getting things done as part of a team in an environment that expects creativity and quality delivery. Be a rebel but be part of our rebel alliance.
Skills and experience
· Strong knowledge of Java with 3+ years of experience
· Experience of developing enterprise-grade, high performing scalable applications
· Strong knowledge of the Spring Boot framework (including spring data, spring security) and JEE containers
· Comfortable using AWS and Linux to support application development and deployment
· Thorough understanding of application security and secure coding practices
· Proficient in application design and architecture
· Knowledge of a variety of persistence technologies, to include SQL and NoSQL
· Experience of designing Restful APIs
· Tenacious technical problem solver
· Good communicator
· Experience of working in Agile teams
· Demonstrable experience of working with version control, build tools, code-quality and testing tools
· Experience of, or strong desire to learn, modern responsive front-end development (CSS3 with SPA frameworks such as React, Angular or Vue)
· Strong working knowledge of application integration points: e.g. SSO, SAML, LDAP, SSL/TLS
· Demonstrable passion for working with Open standards / Open Source
· Knowledge of XMPP
· Continually critique and improve how the team delivers
· Architect secure software systems
· Design and develop reliable and secure software components
· Debug, solve and communicate technical problems
· Consider the user at every point in development
· Always be learning
More info may be found at www.surevine.com
and we’d love to hear from you. Come and join us!
To apply: email@example.com
A new window will open to the job source site.