Spreedly: Technical Support Engineer
Posted almost 2 years ago
Headquarters: Durham, NC
Currently, we are not hiring remote employees from NY, WA, CA or outside the continental US.
Spreedly is seeking an experienced Support Engineer to join our team, learn all about Spreedly, and begin contributing quickly. We’re a payments API that’s used by developers around the world, so you’ll become a product expert as you support our users.
Our thorough API documentation, ease of implementation, and timely responses are just a few reasons our customers love Spreedly. We are a lean, quickly evolving team that isn’t afraid to reflect on process, approach, and tools to make sure we’re providing the smoothest experience for users in the most efficient way as we scale our team. We will look to you for meaningful feedback on product, user experience, internal processes, and beyond.
We are looking for a strong communicator who demonstrates the ability to prioritize, present solutions, and take initiative. You listen with curiosity and a desire to learn, are patient, and can see the big picture.
A typical day might include running API calls to troubleshoot a customer issue, combing code to verify product behavior, updating documentation to provide clarity on said behavior, and running scripts to unblock customers. Outside of the queue, you’ll have opportunities to own projects that help our team scale and develop new skills.
What You'll Do
- Research and troubleshoot API implementation questions and issues, encouraging self-service where possible
- Work with partners to ensure optimal integration health for mutual customers
- Provide early feedback on feature development, training and documentation
- Seek out and execute new ways to optimize and automate team processes and responsibilities
- Track feature requests, deeply understanding the customer use case, value and impact
- Discover, analyze and communicate gaps in the customer experience
- Create and maintain Help Center and technical documentation to aid in customer education and self-service
We're Looking For Someone With
- 3-5+ years of experience supporting customers, including support of a technical product
- Technical experience with APIs and building integrations between tools
- Passion and excitement for how quality customer interactions can drive business growth
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn new languages and technologies
- Ability to thrive and take ownership in loosely structured environments
- Ability to work standard US PST hours
Nice To Haves
- Prior experience at a growth stage SaaS company
- Prior experience supporting developers
- Prior experience in the payments industry
- Knowledge of and experience coding for HTTPS networking, security, web services, JSON or XML, user interface
What We Offer
- Competitive salary + equity package
- Outstanding medical and dental benefits (we pay 100% of monthly premiums for employees + families)
- Open PTO policy
- 12 weeks paid family leave for all full-time employees
- Company sponsored 401k
- Yearly paid professional development
Due to the sensitive nature of what Spreedly does - handling payment data - candidates must complete a successful background check. If you have concerns along those lines, please discuss with us sooner rather than later - we do not want you to waste time in the hiring process and get disqualified at the end if we can help it.
This position reports directly to the Engineering Manager, Support. Because of the high volume of resume flow, we will only respond to those candidates that we think will be a potential fit.
To apply: https://jobs.lever.co/spreedly/b7e52efe-7fc2-4e8a-b88a-cf9fbc7542a9?lever-source=WeWorkRemotely
A new window will open to the job source site.