Find your next great job
A daily email of jobs matching your skills and preferences.
Sign Up 👋
Software Engineer to Build Data-Rich IoT Application (Python) at CleanSpark Inc (San Diego, CA) (allows remote)
Posted almost 2 years ago
CleanSpark is looking for a talented Python developer with strong experience in the latest technologies to help us build our cutting-edge, next generation energy modeling tools. As part of a small distributed team, you’ll be asked to make fundamental decisions about technology and functionality for a data-intensive application. You will play an integral part in enabling a quality- and transparency-driven development culture and the advancement of microgrid technology.
- Develop highly technical features to run in both the cloud and on site
- Work with interval data to model behavior and optimization vectors
- Implement unit and integration tests to ensure code quality
- Participate in code reviews and knowledge-sharing activities
- Technical support of products including direct customer support and escalated issues
- Requirements and implementation documentation
- Collaboration with business and technical stakeholders to ensure proper understanding and implementation of requirements
Skills and Requirements
- Comfort with complex software concepts such as: SOA and SOLID principles, cloud design patterns, and various data structures (relational, document, and graph)
- Hands-on expertise with automated unit and integration testing
- Strong communication skills in a distributed environment, both written and verbal, as well as an independent work ethic
- Experience with building, troubleshooting, and running distributed, service based systems
- Bonus points for:
- hands-on experience with developing for the cloud: Azure (preferred) or AWS
- a science or math background
- experience working remotely in a distributed team
- a sparkling personality and positive attitude!
To be considered, you MUST respond to this ad with answers to the following questions:
- Confirm that your desired salary falls within the stated range.
- If currently employed, why are you interested in leaving your current job? Approximately how much time would you need to start?
- If you do not live in San Diego, have you worked remotely before?
- What part of your experience and skills do you feel will help you contribute to the position at CleanSpark?
- In medium detail, please describe the most interesting or challenging task you’ve faced in the past few years.
- All applicants are asked to complete a short take-home coding exercise. Are you willing to do this as part of our interview process?
NOTE: we will only accept candidates from the United States and Canada. We will be in contact with you within 2 business days if we are interested in moving forward.
A new window will open to the job source site.
Job research tailored to you.
Growing a career that's right for you is a life-changer, but it's undeniable that the job search
gets tougher every year. With automated hiring processes, resume filters and questionable interview practices,
finding a job that a tech skillset has become seriously challenging.
That's where we step in. Careeriscope can help lighten the stress load by making your search a bit easier. We
help you find matches based on the job search criteria you set, then send a summary of the results in a daily
email sent every morning for review.