Find your next great job
A daily email of jobs matching your skills and preferences.
Sign Up 👋
Software Engineer- Database Internals- Hot Open Source Database Company at Timescale, Inc. (New York, NY) (allows remote)
Posted almost 2 years ago
We need extraordinary engineers to join our team. You will act as both architect and programmer, designing, coding, and testing the core of our open-source time-series database. Our focus is on building a scalable, reliable, robust, usable, secure, performant database. You should have strong systems-building experience and expertise in C, understand both query optimization and database systems, and ideally already be a PostgreSQL expert (or show an interest and quick aptitude to become a PostgreSQL expert). And the future of managing and making sense of the deluge of time-series data should excite you.
This is a full time position at our office in New York City, Stockholm, or Remote.
- Play a core role in helping to design and develop new database capabilities, including analytics, clustering and distributed operations, query and storage optimizations, and more.
- Develop, test, and release new features and functionality from our database technical roadmap.
- Continually improve, optimize, and test existing functionality of TimescaleDB.
- Work with engineers both at Timescale and the open-source community to coordinate new functionality and deliver powerful integrations of the database into large applications and pipelines.
- Provide elevated technical assistance to high-value customers, gaining insight into the needs and experiences of our users.
- Be an enthusiastic and personable teammate, receiving and providing code reviews, and otherwise partnering and helping other engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience; advanced degrees also welcome (most of our core engineering team have PhDs in computer systems).
- 5+ years engineering experience.
- Expertise building industrial-strength software in C/C++ for large code-bases.
- Experience in PostgreSQL internal development highly desirable (but not required).
- Solid knowledge of SQL, query processing and database engines, concurrency control, data replication, and/or distributed systems.
- Passionate about building highly-reliable system software.
- Experience with industry-standard software validation tools helpful, e.g., valgrind, Coverity, pprof, etc.
Please include a short note as to why you are a fit for this role.
A new window will open to the job source site.
Job research tailored to you.
Growing a career that's right for you is a life-changer, but it's undeniable that the job search
gets tougher every year. With automated hiring processes, resume filters and questionable interview practices,
finding a job that a tech skillset has become seriously challenging.
That's where we step in. Careeriscope can help lighten the stress load by making your search a bit easier. We
help you find matches based on the job search criteria you set, then send a summary of the results in a daily
email sent every morning for review.