Find your next great job
A daily email of jobs matching your skills and preferences.
Sign Up 👋
Software Development Engineer in Test at Contrast Security (Baltimore, MD) (allows remote)
Posted about 2 years ago
Contrast Security is the world’s leading provider of security technology that enables software applications to protect themselves against cyber attacks. Contrast's patented deep security instrumentation is the breakthrough technology that enables highly accurate analysis and always-on protection of an entire application portfolio, without disruptive scanning or expensive security experts. Only Contrast has intelligent agents that work actively inside applications to prevent data breaches, defeat hackers and secure the entire enterprise from development, to operations, to production.
The Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) believes the reward for a job well done is another job. You would rather spend your time enabling engineering teams to more effectively write their own tests than write tests for them. You thrive in an environment where there is something new to learn with each major effort.
Imagine landing with an engineering team with a goal of improving their unit testing coverage. Maybe they need help mocking services? Maybe they need help just refactoring a large group of tests during a system upgrade? Maybe they need help starting a load testing practice? Our teams will ask. You will research, implement and train. When you are done with that job, a new one will await you with another of our teams.
- Work with multiple agile teams to establish automated test metric goals and achieve them.
- Work with teams to set up processes, patterns and standards to increase unit test coverage
- Work with teams to set up processes, patterns and standards to automate high value performance testing (benchmark, load and stress)
- Work with teams to set up high value automated API tests
- Working with the Ops teams to test infrastructure as code gets you a gold star
- Contribute to our synthetic test infrastructure run against our production SaaS systems for real-time awareness of product uptime and functional stability.
- Build and maintain expertise in several languages and their testing tool sets over time.
- A passion for automation – a key team goal is to reduce daily toil through automation
- Work cross-functionally within a service team and be a core contributor in every significant engineering solution that is delivered
- Debug production issues across services and levels of the stack
- Participate in on-call rotations, along with every member of the engineering team
- Solid understanding of system design, including the operational trade-offs of various designs
- You don't love writing code, you love writing code that test's the code.
- You have 5+ years in technology with at least three in a QA Automation Role or SDET
- You love to break things, and you like to share how you did it.
- You’re a storyteller with compelling stories about that time you learned something new in order to solve a problem for your company, and stories about the times you helped your team mates skill up.
- You have powerful stories about the failures and mistakes you’ve made and the lessons learned. You share them as cautionary tales with your team mates.
- You can find your way around a database, but you are better at mocking them.
- You have a desire to make the Internet a safer place.
- You have a passion for tools, testing frameworks, methodologies and implementations. You choose them based on the the best fit for the problem at hand.
- You approach problems from a product perspective, thinking through how the user will interact with what you're building.
- You have strong communication skills. You ask questions, let others know when you need help, and tell others what you need. You write things down so someone else on your team can do them.
- You're a problem solver. You believe the best work is the result of finding the simplest solution to complex challenges. We see simplicity as the greatest expression of intelligence and responsibility.
- You see the big picture. You understand how the code you write interacts with systems and services, both internally and externally.
What We Offer
- The opportunity to work with some of the highest performing individuals in the world with the goal of establishing memories of the best part of your career ever.
- Competitive compensation
- Daily in-office team lunches
- Meaningful stock plans
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible paid time off
By submitting your application, you are providing Personally Identifiable Information about yourself (cover letter, resume, references, or other employment-related information) and hereby give your consent for Contrast Security, and/ or our HR-related Service Providers, to use this information for the purpose of processing, evaluating and responding to your application for current and future career opportunities. Contrast Security is an equal opportunity employer and our team is comprised of individuals from many diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and locations.
A new window will open to the job source site.
Job research tailored to you.
Growing a career that's right for you is a life-changer, but it's undeniable that the job search
gets tougher every year. With automated hiring processes, resume filters and questionable interview practices,
finding a job that a tech skillset has become seriously challenging.
That's where we step in. Careeriscope can help lighten the stress load by making your search a bit easier. We
help you find matches based on the job search criteria you set, then send a summary of the results in a daily
email sent every morning for review.