Software Developer at CoverMyMeds (Columbus, OH) (allows remote)
Posted almost 2 years ago
As a Software Developer at CoverMyMeds, you’ll create solutions that make our healthcare system work more efficiently and effectively in order to help millions of patients receive their prescription medications every year. You’ll build products that our partners in healthcare use every day and innovate products that don't even exist yet. You’ll work on small, cross-functional and collaborative teams with endless opportunities to take on responsibility, continue learning and mentor others.
Our Tech Stack
Ruby on Rails, Elixir, Phoenix, Python, PHP, React, VueJS, AngularJS, MSSQL, PostgreSQL, Git, Elasticsearch, Capistrano, Redis, Sidekiq, Docker, Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, RSpec, Capybara, Cucumber
What You’ll Do
CoverMyMeds is organized into what we call “business units.” Each business unit has all the roles needed to develop products. Our business units focus on different kinds of users in the healthcare industry. You’ll build solutions to support your business unit’s users in their role in helping patients get the medications they need to live healthy lives.
- Design and develop web applications and APIs for the CoverMyMeds product line
- Jump into both the front-end and back-end of solutions, with the exact balance depending on the project and team
- Own the quality of the solutions you create through automated testing, and support and maintain your solutions after they’re in production
- Contribute to a productive agile environment by partnering closely with necessary stakeholders, deploying often and inspecting and adapting as needed
- Around 3 or more years of experience in back-end web development (Don’t know our tech stack? No problem. We hire from all tech stacks and training’s on us)
- Familiar with front-end web development technologies and techniques
- Proficient in development SQL database software
Non-technical skills that really set our Software Developers up for success:
- Desire to empathetically share and receive feedback and knowledge to help everyone keep improving
- Thrive at working closely with a team to find solutions collaboratively
- Able to effectively explain your choices during problem-solving
- Great at communicating technical concepts to non-technical audiences
Our more senior Software Developers should also have these traits:
- Passionate about mentoring other team members
- Proven experience leading discussions with diverse stakeholders
- Able to understand customer needs and challenges
How We Grow
We’re almost always hiring Software Developers on all our teams across CoverMyMeds. We encourage internal movement, grow constantly and experience a ton of change, so we feel it’s most important to assess you for how you’ll succeed at CoverMyMeds versus on one individual team. We do our best to learn as much as we can about your skill set and interests, and at the end of our process, we select which teams we feel will set you up for success right away.
- Phone interview with one of our Recruiters
- One of our Recruiters will set up a phone call with you that typically lasts around 45 minutes. They’ll start by answering any questions you have about CoverMyMeds to ensure you get what you need out of the chat. This interview is meant to be conversational and will adapt, based on your skill set and interests. Our Recruiter will introduce topics that are important to our development teams and you’ll share what experience and opinions you have in those areas. Topics may include things like security, reliability, REST, teaching others, learning new skills, our core values, etc.
- Live coding interview with one of our Software Developers
- One of our Software Developers will join you for a video and screen share meeting that typically lasts around 1.5 hours. They will send you 3 different coding exercises to walk through different areas of the stack. The first coding exercise will be client-side, the second will be backend and the third will be a few SQL operations. They will spend 30 minutes live on each exercise with you. For any work you two decide should be finished up after that 30 minutes, you’ll have the opportunity to complete it on your own time and send it back to them. We’d like you to approach this meeting as if you’re mentoring our Software Developer. We encourage you to explain your approach, be collaborative and ask questions. The goal of taking you through different parts of the stack is to confirm your areas of strength and passion. We also like to see fluency with your chosen tools. It’s totally expected for you to use search engines while you’re problem-solving, we just ask that you’re mindful of how much you’re relying on them. You'll be working through the exercises on your own machine, using the tools of your choice.
- Code day with one of our development hiring teams
- Our code day is meant to be a day in the life of our Software Developer role. You’ll join us for the day, work with our team and build an application. You’ll simulate a mini sprint by planning a project with a Software Developer, Database Administrator, Product Manager and Engineering Manager. You’ll have a combination of individual work time and pair programming with a Software Developer. At the end of the day, you’ll demo your application and dig into the code. You’ll have tons of opportunities to ask us questions and really learn what it’d be like to work at CoverMyMeds. We’re happy to conduct this step virtually for our remote candidates to get a good sense for how a remote Software Developer role would feel.
A quick note: If you’d prefer different logistics to accommodate your individual needs and set you up for success, let us know how we can help. We want this process to be accessible and inclusive for you.
A new window will open to the job source site.