SkyVerge: WordPress Engineer
Posted almost 2 years ago
Howdy 👋 We’re the folks at SkyVerge
, where we build products (like Jilt
and WooCommerce Memberships
) that help over 100k+ eCommerce brands grow and manage their businesses. Our team is 100% remote, with 32 people distributed all over the world.
We’re looking for a full stack WordPress engineer to join our team and lead development on our websites.
You should be...
- Deeply experienced with WordPress, particularly with building and maintaining custom themes and plugins.
- Design-minded and visually-driven, with a desire to work on both front-end and back-end code
- Detail-oriented & curious, with a drive to understand and solve technical challenges
- A self-starter, comfortable working independently and taking a high level of ownership over projects
- Dedicated to constant learning and sharing your knowledge
Bonus points if you also have…
- Experience with Google Analytics, Segment, Google Tag Manager, or similar tools
- Experience with A/B testing tools like Google Optimize or Visual Website Optimizer.
- Experience building custom Gutenberg blocks
- Experience working in an Agile development team
You’ll be responsible for…
- Developing features and improvements to our websites (Jilt.com, SkyVerge.com, hq.skyverge.com, and others)
- Benchmarking site speed and optimizing performance
- Iterating on A/B tests with our marketing team to improve conversions
- Building and maintaining tooling to enable continuous integration and deployment
- Troubleshooting challenging technical issues with our sites, integrations, and infrastructure
- Collaborating with team members across marketing, support, design, and engineering to deliver solutions that address customer, team, and company needs
- Improving our internal wiki & documentation
Why you’ll love working with us…
- Kind, wonderful teammates that enjoy their work as much as you do
- Competitive salary
- Annual company retreats (read about our last adventure in Scotland!)
- Fantastic benefits: 27 days paid time-off, full health insurance (medical, dental, and vision), retirement contributions, paid parental leave, and more!
- Transparent culture (check out our team wiki)
Curious to hear more? Learn more about the position and apply here.
Applications accepted through November 15th
. We can’t wait to meet you!
We support workplace diversity and do not discriminate on any protected class. We believe when we work together as a team of different views, experiences, and ideas, we can build amazing things.
To apply: https://apply.workable.com/skyverge/j/8361728B4D/
A new window will open to the job source site.