Find your next great job
A daily email of jobs matching your skills and preferences.
Sign Up 👋
Senior Software Engineer, Fullstack at valora digital. (Zürich, Switzerland) (allows remote)
Posted almost 2 years ago
Engineering for you is more about a clean codebase, paradigms and algorithms than languages, frameworks or platforms. You have chosen your favorite stack in which you have lots of experience, but you’re able to get stuff done in any environment you need to and with every change you leave the codebase better off than before.
You will be one of the first members of our engineering team and will work on many different projects and touch many different systems: from our app backends (REST webservices) to our demand forecasting service and our cash register. Because our team is new, you will get to influence which technologies we will use.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will become a go to person to answer technical questions for the rest of the team.
- Create new and work on existing systems across a wide range of projects (e.g. a clean and elegant API layer spanning across all of our legacy systems, backend APIs consumed by our web and mobile apps, production tooling for our machine learning models etc.)
- Improve and maintain our production environment, for example by adding monitoring and alerting (DevOps)
- Set up a modern development workflow for our team, including a continuous integration pipeline and automated deployments
- Work closely together with our frontend engineering and data science teams
- Support other developers in your team with technical guidance
- Minimum of 3 years of software development experience in a general purpose programming language
- BSc degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- Ability to quickly get up to speed in any programming language or system if needed
- Ability to tackle problems outside your comfort zone and get things done without supervision
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English
- Experience working with one or more from the following: web application development, Unix/Linux environments, distributed and parallel systems, service oriented architectures, REST APIs, developing large software systems
- Experience working in teams following an agile software development methodology
- Basic knowledge of German
We also have a role for Junior / Mid-Level developers available here.
A new window will open to the job source site.
Job research tailored to you.
Growing a career that's right for you is a life-changer, but it's undeniable that the job search
gets tougher every year. With automated hiring processes, resume filters and questionable interview practices,
finding a job that a tech skillset has become seriously challenging.
That's where we step in. Careeriscope can help lighten the stress load by making your search a bit easier. We
help you find matches based on the job search criteria you set, then send a summary of the results in a daily
email sent every morning for review.