A daily email of jobs matching your skills and preferences.Sign Up 👋
We’re looking for a senior backend ruby developer to join our growing experienced and talented technology team. The development team is responsible for all the vital backend infrastructure for our web application, [Gatekeeper](https://www.gatekeeperhq.com/)
We develop in Ruby on Rails, so having demonstrable senior experiences of this is essential. You should be capable of working on all aspects of the software development cycle from architecture, coding and testing through to deployment.
- We're a distributed team of experienced developers
- We love Ruby
- We know how to cook a Rails monolith in the right way
- We do care about the project, about the code quality and about our customers
- We use code reviews (reviewing each other)
- We have Code to Test Ratio: 1:1.1
- Loves Ruby
- Strong Rails knowledge, a good understanding of reliable design for big Rails projects
- Confident with SQL (PostgreSQL in particular)
- Clean code with an understanding of code smells and refactoring
- Test-driven development - “Test Obsessed”
- Understanding of front-end development (HTML/HAML/SASS/JS). However, no knowledge of frameworks required.
- Experience of delivering large development projects
- Tangible contribution to the open-source community or trackable record of public talks
**We need a talent who wants to be a long-term part of our business — not just an employee!**
- Salary dependent on experience (range $4,000 - $6,500)
- Work from home
- Flexible working hours
- 4 weeks paid leave
- We’ll pay for you to take any relevant training that improves your value to Gatekeeper
Do you know someone that would be eligible for this role? We are offering a $2000 referral reward if you introduce a suitable candidate that we decide to hire.
A new window will open to the job source site.
Growing a career that's right for you is a life-changer, but it's undeniable that the job search gets tougher every year. With automated hiring processes, resume filters and questionable interview practices, finding a job that a tech skillset has become seriously challenging.
That's where we step in. Careeriscope can help lighten the stress load by making your search a bit easier. We help you find matches based on the job search criteria you set, then send a summary of the results in a daily email sent every morning for review.