Find your next great job
A daily email of jobs matching your skills and preferences.
Sign Up 👋
Senior Quality Engineer at Thrive Global (allows remote)
Posted almost 2 years ago
Thrive Global is changing the way people live through a suite of well-being and behavior change products used to impact individual and organizational well-being and productivity. The marriage of data and analytics, our best-in-class content and science-backed behavior change IP will help people go from knowing what to do to actually doing it, enabling millions of consumers to begin the Thrive behavior change journey. As a Senior Quality Engineer, you will play a significant role in building Thrive’s products and behavior change platform as a member of a small team who will drive the quality engineering and customer-centric engineering efforts of the organization.
Who We Are Looking For
- A self-starter who is able to confidently conduct an independent evaluation, selection, and adaptation of QA engineering techniques and apply them appropriately to projects.
- An engineer who is excited about collaborating with others (engineering and non-engineering), and is ready for both learning & teaching while Thrive Global continues to grow.
- A willingness to take on a broad set of responsibilities from helping to influence feature requirements as a member of the Product & Engineering team, to developing creative quality practices, building technical support practices, and supporting the leadership team in hiring and expanding the Thrive Global Team.
- A team player that is comfortable in a high growth, start-up environment and is willing to wear many hats and come up with creative solutions in support of the Thrive Global mission.
How You’ll Contribute
- Work with the broader Product & Engineering team to develop products that support the company mission through effective manual & automated QA best practices, risk & release management strategies, and product support efforts.
- Work under general supervision from the Lead Quality Engineer and contribute to the development of a quality engineering infrastructure that supports all digital products created by Thrive Global.
- Consistently seek out and learn new technologies and remain focused on becoming a “best in the industry” Engineer.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of the current industry trends and the latest advancements in Software Development, Quality Engineering, and Product Support.
- 7+ years experience in the quality engineering field
- Solid understanding of both mobile and web application infrastructure, including serverless systems.
- Hands-on experience executing QA best practices against the following:
- iOS and Android mobile applications, including the use of XCode and Android Studio.
- Building mobile testing frameworks using tools such as Appium (with Java preferred), running on real devices and in a remote device farm environment
- Building web application testing frameworks such as Selenium (with Java preferred), running in a CICD pipeline
- Building RESTful API test cases using tools such as Postman
- Serve as an advisor to the development organization on development testing approaches, specifically but not limited to unit test strategies
- Analyze complex technical information and implement effective problem-solving techniques
- Create comprehensive, concise, and effective test documentation strategically and when appropriate, understanding that we are working in a start-up & agile environment (test cases, defects, etc.).
- Responsibly measure risk and impact of changes
- Translate business needs into technical requirements and vice versa
- Values effective cross-functional collaboration in an Agile Scrum environment
- Work on multiple projects at once in a deadline-driven environment
- QA and technical product support of enterprise systems
- Ability to use SQL and scripting as part of a testing approach
- BS in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
Our Mission Thrive Global’s mission is to end the stress and burnout epidemic by offering companies and individuals sustainable, science-based solutions to enhance well-being, performance, and purpose, and create a healthier relationship with technology. Recent science has shown that the pervasive belief that burnout is the price we must pay for success is a delusion. We know, instead, that when we prioritize our well-being, our decision-making, creativity, and productivity improve dramatically. Thrive Global is committed to accelerating the culture shift that allows people to reclaim their lives and move from merely surviving to thriving.
What We Offer
- A mission-driven company that’s truly making a difference in the lives of people around the world
- Ability to develop within the company and shape our growth strategy
- Human-centric culture with a range of wellness perks and benefits
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical, vision and dental coverage + 401k program with company match
- Generous paid time-off programs
A new window will open to the job source site.
Job research tailored to you.
Growing a career that's right for you is a life-changer, but it's undeniable that the job search
gets tougher every year. With automated hiring processes, resume filters and questionable interview practices,
finding a job that a tech skillset has become seriously challenging.
That's where we step in. Careeriscope can help lighten the stress load by making your search a bit easier. We
help you find matches based on the job search criteria you set, then send a summary of the results in a daily
email sent every morning for review.