A daily email of jobs matching your skills and preferences.Sign Up 👋
CLIENT COMPANY DESCRIPTION:
The client is helping Americans quickly and easily get the best car insurance. We do this by making it simpler, safer, and easier for end-users to share their current insurance information digitally. It's like Plaid (plaid.com) for insurance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Extend and improve our core technology, which uses browser automation (Puppeteer) to scrape. structure, and normalize data from insurance company websites.
- Extend and improve our user-facing products which are on the verge of profitability but need some UX/UI tweaking and some new features to optimize conversion rates.
RELATIONSHIPS - WHO YOU'LL BE WORKING WITH:
- A CEO / Product Leader based in San Francisco, CA
- A part-time "Interim CTO" who is very familiar with remote/distributed work, based in Los Angeles, CA
- A full-time backend engineer, based in Berkeley, CA
- A full-time full-stack engineer, based in Florida There is an existing daily meeting at 10:00am America/Los Angeles (-07:00) PDT.
- Strong spoken and written English
DESIRED (NICE-TO-HAVE) SKILLS:
- Finance technology experience
- Insurance technology experience
We are looking for someone who is fast-paced, product-oriented (good at understanding the "why" behind a request – not just following a spec), and good at jumping into new codebases
As soon as possible.
EXPECTED CONTRACT DURATION:
At least 2 months, and probably longer
The pay rate for this role is from $60 to $100 USD per hour, depending on experience and capability.
If you're interested, please DO NOT apply via StackOverflow - follow the link below and click the "Login to Apply" button:
A new window will open to the job source site.
Growing a career that's right for you is a life-changer, but it's undeniable that the job search gets tougher every year. With automated hiring processes, resume filters and questionable interview practices, finding a job that a tech skillset has become seriously challenging.
That's where we step in. Careeriscope can help lighten the stress load by making your search a bit easier. We help you find matches based on the job search criteria you set, then send a summary of the results in a daily email sent every morning for review.