Find your next great job
A daily email of jobs matching your skills and preferences.
Sign Up 👋
Senior Backend Engineer (Node/DB/AWS - Remote) at SHARE (Columbus, OH) (allows remote)
Posted almost 2 years ago
SHARE, VentureOhio's 2019 Early Stage Company of the Year, is looking for a full-time Backend Developer that wants to build the future of shared transportation. We are looking for someone to own the engine that powers our transportation service and who wants to solve complex route optimization balancing efficiency with high-quality service levels.
- Build/maintain real-time, performant Node applications that serve as the backend engine to our scheduled and shared transportation service
- Collaborate with Product and Architecture teams to create a unique and high performing application to support mobile and web clients as well as integrate with telematics
- Use software development best practices to write code that is maintainable, testable and efficient
- Stay current with the fast-changing landscape of Node/Mongo development and best practices
- Support and troubleshoot issues, identify root cause, and proactively implement sustainable solutions that support our mobility operations
- Evaluate new and existing frameworks, technology, platforms, and tooling
Experience and Skills
- Expert in Node.js, npm and related toolsets
- Extensive experience working with popular npm packages, including sequelize
- Deep understanding of socket.io, MySQL, MongoDB, and Google APIs
- Extensive experience handling OData requests, filtering
- Experience leveraging Firebase (analytics, notifications, etc), Twilio and transactional email services
- Experience building secure JSON-based REST APIs
- Solid understanding of application security and best practices
- Work efficiently with version control and workflows (git and gitflow)
- Knowledge of design and UX principles for mobile interfaces
- Organized, self-starting with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience developing and maintaining unit/functional tests
We especially want to work with you if you are good at:
- Delivering new features/changes that you're proud of on a regular basis
- Taking ownership of all products and processes and suggesting ways to improve
- Being flexible and working well in a collaborative and fast-paced environment
- A competitive salary with benefits, including great medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous PTO allowance, as well as sick leave, holidays, and parental leave
- Equity potential
- Free snacks, soda, coffee/tea, fruit
- Fast-paced, supportive company environment
- Opportunities to learn new technologies/frameworks
A new window will open to the job source site.
Job research tailored to you.
Growing a career that's right for you is a life-changer, but it's undeniable that the job search
gets tougher every year. With automated hiring processes, resume filters and questionable interview practices,
finding a job that a tech skillset has become seriously challenging.
That's where we step in. Careeriscope can help lighten the stress load by making your search a bit easier. We
help you find matches based on the job search criteria you set, then send a summary of the results in a daily
email sent every morning for review.