Find your next great job
A daily email of jobs matching your skills and preferences.
Sign Up 👋
Senior Backend Engineer - Marketplace Team (Golang) at Heetch (allows remote)
Posted almost 2 years ago
Read before applying:
We're a young company iterating over our remote culture so for now, we're only working with people in locations where the time zone is: -3 hours > Paris time zone < +3 hours
Marketplace Team @Heetch
We build pricing, matching and maps technology to create a balanced, reliable and accessible marketplace for our drivers and passengers. It's our responsibility to align the different needs of drivers and passengers by building technology to provide reliable earning for drivers and affordable prices for passengers.
Our biggest challenge, as a team, is to keep our marketplace healthy and users happy in the different cities that we operate. We aim to build flexible and maintainable products to support the growth into highly diverse markets around Europe and Africa.
Pricing: We calculate upfront prices based on the estimated ride time and distance, as well as demand patterns and other data insights.
Matching: Our goal is to find the best match for drivers and passengers, this is reducing the average wait time for everyone (no, it's not the closest one anymore).
Maps: Yes, you are right, we need maps to provide such functionalities.
Our team's values:
Transparency: We discuss everything openly within the team. Our speak-up culture is strong.
Remote first: Our team is fully distributed, and we work hard at that.
Data-driven: Our decisions are made with hard empirical evidence and not gut feel.
Team unity: We are only as good as our team is.
Courageous: We are bold and not afraid to challenge the status quo.
Code quality: We strive to write clean, testable and maintainable code.
Tech stack: Within our event-driven architecture you will mainly find Golang and Python microservices talking each other asynchronously through Kafka.
Take a closer look at our stack: https://stackshare.io/heetch/engineering
Does it sound like you?
- You are obsessed with the value you create for users, and you follow lean tenets such as continuous improvement.
- You design and build testable, extensible, reliable and scalable systems.
- You keep things simple.
- You are data-driven. You define metrics upfront.
- You've worked for more than 5 years as a software engineer, and have experience with event-driven architectures and microservices (with Go is a plus).
- You are not afraid to fail (as long as you learn from it).
- You want to dive into Data science, algorithms and mathematics.
- You believe innovation comes from a bottom-up model.
- You love sharing knowledge.
- You are comfortable wearing the Tech Lead hat.
What will you do?
- Write well-crafted, well-tested, readable and maintainable code.
- Develop and design real-time responsive solutions at large scales.
- Do code reviews and distribute knowledge.
- Lead large projects from ideation to market release.
- Unblock, support and communicate with internal teams to achieve results.
- Offer advanced technical expertise to design and develop software applications.
- Work very close with Data Scientists.
- Chew on a lot of data to understand marketplace problematics.
- Mentor our junior developers and help them to evolve.
- Write technical posts, give tech talks and promote tech and engineering best practices.
What's next? If your application is selected, the process will be composed of 4 steps:
- Non-technical interview with the Engineering Manager of your potential team (1h30)
- Take-home assignment (~5 days deadline)
- Interview with your future teammates (1h)
- Day on-site (Paris) to meet your future stakeholders
A new window will open to the job source site.
Job research tailored to you.
Growing a career that's right for you is a life-changer, but it's undeniable that the job search
gets tougher every year. With automated hiring processes, resume filters and questionable interview practices,
finding a job that a tech skillset has become seriously challenging.
That's where we step in. Careeriscope can help lighten the stress load by making your search a bit easier. We
help you find matches based on the job search criteria you set, then send a summary of the results in a daily
email sent every morning for review.