A daily email of jobs matching your skills and preferences.Sign Up 👋
At Impero, we've been in Education Technology since 2002, building systems to keep children and young people safe and make them successful. We are passionate about protecting every learner, their wellbeing and their future through managing, supporting and monitoring. We do this by working closely with educators around the world. With recent new leadership, we're building a distributed UK-based engineering team to reimagine our technology platform.
We are first and foremost looking for best of breed developers who are positive and ambitious and who can demonstrate strong engineering principles. Whether you’ve been developing for two years or ten we may have a role for you. Our product vision is exciting and the roadmap ahead is challenging. Our team is growing in a way that will allow you to play to your strengths: whether enjoying data modelling and analysis, or building huge new feature sets.
We believe in creating careers, not jobs. During your time with us you’ll receive regular, honest, helpful feedback, with a clear progression path. We’ll be looking for ways to grow your expertise, and we will provide opportunities for your professional development. We’re a distributed team, who put energy into speaking every day, and we arrange regular meetings both by department and as a company. In the first few months as you get to know the team and products, we'll bring you into our Nottingham office as needed, but our team is distributed-first: doing your best work isn't dependent on you being in a certain place. Our web platform - less than two years old - is built exclusively in Ruby on Rails with interlinking native device clients, communicating through standard web protocols. At Impero, we believe we're creating something special, and we'd love for you to join us.
Senior Automated Test Engineer
The successful candidate will take responsibility for working within an agile team to support the development of our products, by leading on automated test strategy for web-based and device-based software.
* Work within a cross-functional software team to design, improve and maintain our automated testing practices.
* Expand existing testing suites and methodologies to build improved testing capabilities for automated and non-automated tools.
* Improve implementation of new features and upgrades while finding software defects and assuring issue resolution.
* Work with the product team to advise on turning user stories into automated test acceptance criteria.
* Develop new robust automated test standards, methodologies, and CI processes.
* Devise metrics and KPIs to share software quality with the wider business.
* Encourage and enforce test best practices throughout the team and wider organisation.
* Assist the engineering team to improve security, quality and time to market of our products.
* At least 3 years of commercial experience (or equivalent) working as an automated tester.
* Experience writing automated tests with test frameworks (e.g. RSpec).
* Familiarity with developing applications within an MVC architecture.
* The ability to write both unit tests and browser-based behaviour tests.
* Experience of working with developers to improve their testing.
* Experience of working in an agile development team, ideally with a distributed workforce.
* Enthusiasm for understanding technical ideas and explaining them clearly to other members of the team.
* A strong standard of written and spoken English.
* Experience with writing tests using Cucumber or another Gherkin-based tool.
* Experience with webdriver tools (e.g. Capybara, Selenium).
A new window will open to the job source site.
Growing a career that's right for you is a life-changer, but it's undeniable that the job search gets tougher every year. With automated hiring processes, resume filters and questionable interview practices, finding a job that a tech skillset has become seriously challenging.
That's where we step in. Careeriscope can help lighten the stress load by making your search a bit easier. We help you find matches based on the job search criteria you set, then send a summary of the results in a daily email sent every morning for review.