Find your next great job
A daily email of jobs matching your skills and preferences.
Sign Up 👋
ReCharge Payments: Software Development Manager, Integrations
Posted 13 days ago
Headquarters: Santa Monica, CA
We're looking for a Software Development Manager to build and manage our Integrations team. Driven by our API, we are rapidly expanding our platform. Our 3rd party integrations are key to our long term strategy to provide highly customized solutions for our most demanding merchants. Merchants use ReCharge + a mix of integrations to create new solutions that were never before possible. You will be the key strategic and tactical link to ensure your engineering team delivers. You will work with new and existing partners to add and evolve their technology for the ultimate benefit of our customers.
We’re looking for a teammate who is resourceful, dedicated, and passionate about solving challenging problems. This role is for someone who loves diving into the technical details while also driving the overall strategy. We need a creative and resourceful integrator who will actively listen for problems and then accelerate the team towards solving.
Our stack includes: Python, Flask, Jinja, Docker, GCP, Terraform, Ansible, Memcached, Nginx, serverless backend services
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our values: #day-one, #ownership, #empathy, #humility.
- Manage a first-class engineering team that will scale as the company and business grows, identifying and filling any team gaps.
- Develop a team-oriented, supportive culture with a strong focus on creating a working environment that fosters collaboration, open communication and delivering outcomes.
- Be responsible for Integrations team output and hands on day-to-day writing and reviewing code.
- Constantly improve team productivity, refine agile processes, and create methods to increase efficiency.
- Investigate, analyze, and evangelize programming methodologies such as test-driven development, pair programming, etc.
- Perform personnel management tasks for a team of developers, including performance reviews, compliance with company policies, mentoring, and helping plan career growth.
- Train new software engineers on our best practices, standards, culture, and policies.
- Collaborate with the VP of Engineering in setting roadmap and priorities to ensure deliverables are met as well as raising concerns identified early on.
- Champion good habits (development techniques, security, tech debt balance, TDD, and agile habits) within your team; improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Encourage active participation in all phases of the project lifecycle, and work with project management to remove impediments and provide visibility to stakeholders.
What You’ll Bring
- Typically, 8+ years of relevant engineering experience in fast paced environments
- Strategic experience with API clients and integrators
- 4+ years experience managing agile development teams, preferably with distributed teams
- 3+ years prior experience programming in at least one OO language (python preferred)
- 2+ years experience with RESTful API's
- 2+ years experience in cloud-native environments such as GCP, AWS, or Azure
- Track record of meeting schedules on time; clearly defining deliverables and timetables, with demonstrated ability to balance multiple priorities in complex environments and manage teams to successful project completion
- Demonstrated ability as an effective mentor and coach who understands how to successfully integrate into a team of talented developers
- Exceptional analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work remote-first in a high growth organization
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience desired
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/recharge-payments-software-development-manager-integrations
A new window will open to the job source site.
Job research tailored to you.
Growing a career that's right for you is a life-changer, but it's undeniable that the job search
gets tougher every year. With automated hiring processes, resume filters and questionable interview practices,
finding a job that a tech skillset has become seriously challenging.
That's where we step in. Careeriscope can help lighten the stress load by making your search a bit easier. We
help you find matches based on the job search criteria you set, then send a summary of the results in a daily
email sent every morning for review.