Find your next great job
A daily email of jobs matching your skills and preferences.
Sign Up 👋
React JS Developer at komoot (allows remote)
Posted almost 2 years ago
Millions of people get inspired and plan real-life adventures with our apps. We help outdoor enthusiasts all over the world discover better hiking and biking routes, to track and navigate their adventures — and to better share these with their friends and followers. In a nutshell, we empower everybody to explore more of the great outdoors.
To help us make komoot.com the place to go for people around the world to plan their outdoor adventures, we’re looking for an ambitious ReactJS developer to join our team.
What you will do
- Take over responsibility of all parts of our web app
- Develop innovative new features in collaboration with our team of backend developers, ReactJS developers, designers, copywriters, seo and product experts
- Optimize the core functionality and performance of our web app
Why you will love it
- You’ll tangibly enable millions of people to plan and experience authentic outdoor adventures
- We let you work from wherever you want, be it a beach, the mountains, your house or anywhere else that lies in any time zone between UTC-1 and UTC+3
- You’ll work on challenging tasks, such as complex maps or community features with rapid data updates
- You’ll be developing in fast cycles and releasing frequently with continuous build, testing and direct team feedback
- Your expert knowledge will make you a key player amongst a team of highly motivated, talented people
- You’ll travel together with our team to amazing outdoor places several times a year to exchange ideas, learnings and go for hikes and rides
- You’ll build and improve a service that we’re pretty sure you’ll end up using for your personal outdoor trips
You will be successful in this position if you
- Are highly self-driven, responsible and keen to improve
- Love to develop awesome products for a great user experience
- Write highly reusable react components and know how to layout with CSS
- Have a passion for building software, demonstrated through interesting side projects, open source contributions or other involvement in the tech community
- Have experience in working in a distributed team, have good communication skills and love to work together with others in fast development cycles
Sounds like you?
Then send us the following:
- Your CV
- A write-up explaining who you are and why you are interested in working at komoot
- Examples of your work (e.g. GitHub, PDFs, Slideshare, etc.)
- Feel free to send us something that shows us a little more about what you’re interested in, be it your Twitter/Instagram account, or your OpenStreetMap profile if you have one
A new window will open to the job source site.
Job research tailored to you.
Growing a career that's right for you is a life-changer, but it's undeniable that the job search
gets tougher every year. With automated hiring processes, resume filters and questionable interview practices,
finding a job that a tech skillset has become seriously challenging.
That's where we step in. Careeriscope can help lighten the stress load by making your search a bit easier. We
help you find matches based on the job search criteria you set, then send a summary of the results in a daily
email sent every morning for review.