Find your next great job
A daily email of jobs matching your skills and preferences.
Sign Up 👋
Python Instrumentation Engineer at Contrast Security (Baltimore, MD) (allows remote)
Posted almost 2 years ago
At Contrast, our goal is the make the Internet safer day by day. We are always interested in meeting talented and creative technologists who share this goal. We’ve built some amazing technology thus far and are shaking up the way the world looks at application security. We know that our products can get better with new voices and ideas. Contrast is looking for a talented Python and C application developer to join our team, engineering a world-class instrumentation agent for analyzing the security of Python web applications. An ideal candidate is proficient in Python and C. He or she likely has professional Python experience, including some experience contributing to open source frameworks and/or libraries, this could be a great opportunity for you to deepen your understanding of Python's unique characteristics. You like to reverse engineer code, making it better with each iteration. Writing instrumentation agents is a responsibility we take very seriously at Contrast. Our customers trust us enough to run our agents directly in their applications. We're looking for an engineer to exercise that power carefully, to help us build a quality, thoroughly tested agent that our customers run with complete confidence.
- Contribute to the development of our instrumentation agent written in Python, C, Pybuf and Protobuf.
- Author security rules in Python, C and RegEx to detect and defend common attack patterns and security anti-patterns in Python.
- Learn and reverse engineer popular ORM frameworks native to the Python ecosystem for the purpose of analyzing approaches for SQL Injection.
- Perform forensic investigations when the agent negatively impacts the performance of functionality of instrumented web applications.
- Build many variations of simple to complex web applications in Python using Django, Flask, Pyramid, web2py and TurboGears for our instrumentation agent to analyze to detect security vulnerabilities at run-time.
- You must love to code and have a strong passion for making software more secure.
- You’re a true scientist and think about algorithms and regular expressions while you sleep.
- You’re a Python expert with a strong understanding of C, Linux (Ubuntu) and Apache.
- Experience writing Python using Django, web2py, TurboGears, Flask and/or Pyramid.
- Experience with popular Python ORM frameworks like SQLAlchemy, Django ORM, Storm and/or SQL Object.
- Experience building Python packaging tools such as pip, easy_install and buildout.
- You approach problems from a product perspective, thinking through how the user will interact with what you're building.
- You have strong communication skills. You ask questions, let others know when you need help, and tell others what you need.
- You're a problem solver. You believe the best work is the result of finding the simplest solution to complex challenges.
- You see the big picture. You understand how the code you write interacts with systems and services, both internally and externally.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible paid time off
- Daily in-office lunches
- Professional Development Budget
A new window will open to the job source site.
Job research tailored to you.
Growing a career that's right for you is a life-changer, but it's undeniable that the job search
gets tougher every year. With automated hiring processes, resume filters and questionable interview practices,
finding a job that a tech skillset has become seriously challenging.
That's where we step in. Careeriscope can help lighten the stress load by making your search a bit easier. We
help you find matches based on the job search criteria you set, then send a summary of the results in a daily
email sent every morning for review.