Principal Software Engineer - Search Team (Remote or Onsite) at Kyruus (Boston, MA) (allows remote)
Posted over 2 years ago
First and foremost, Kyruuvians care deeply about our vision to enable human beings to care for human beings, our mission, and our CORE values:
Caring – We care about our clients, their patients, and each other.
Ownership – We own our success and have the courage to make decisions.
Respect – We respect and enjoy each other's journey, experiences, and gifts.
Empowerment – We empower our team, our clients, their providers and patients to make the right decisions.
About Kyruus's Search Team
Kyruus has a mission to solve the patient access paradox by making sure to match patients to the right provider (e.g. doctor) the first time. One of the main catalysts for this paradox is that the variety of data that represents a provider is not straight forward nor in one place. The time spent by patients combing through that information on their own can lead to added time in finding the right care.
On the KyruusOne team, we work hard to minimize mistakes when it comes to getting the data you need. This all starts with rich data sets of provider information that need to be canonicalized, normalized, and transformed into a warehouse that is accessible to all our applications. The team is a collaborative group of software engineers that tackle: provider data models, scalable APIs, intuitive workflows in the UI while tying together the different aspects of data management like bulk editing, canonicalization, and large datasets.
Join this team to work on the most central part of our applications. Be involved in cross-team discussions as we grow and scale our applications and help design the future of healthcare.
Here’s what that would mean for you in the Principal Software Engineer role on the Search Team.
You’ll design and write code (lots!) spanning several components to make progress toward assigned tasks on product roadmap and/or planned customer commitments.
- Your typical day will include writing code (lots!) and reviewing others’ code. You’ll participate in and contribute to Agile team activities. You may play a specific role (such as Team Lead or Architect Owner) on your Agile team.
- You’ll help drive clarity in our sprint planning. You’ll contribute to task definition, prioritization, and assignment. You’ll drive your deliverables with a sense of urgency and ownership along with surfacing risks, mitigating them, and suggesting course corrections when appropriate.
- You are comfortable taking on tasks with ambiguous business requirements and unclear technical strategy. You’ll use your technical expertise and mental resilience to identify bring order to chaos in terms of defining technical strategy and clarity of incremental execution.
- You’ll provide technical mentorship to fellow engineers.
- You’ll work with Engineering management and Product to get customer feedback to inform our architecture and technical designs that could span multiple functional systems.
- You’ll report to the Manager, Engineering in the Routing & Scheduling or in the PME & PatientOne department within the R&D - Engineering division.
How You’ll Use Your Professional Skills
You’ll use your 8+ years programming experience to:
- Help your Agile team develop pragmatic and scalable solutions to complex technical design problems and user workflows by building out Python/Flask based API’s, working with Elasticsearch to build performant queries to get the best possible match for patients. You will also leverage the AWS ecosystem to build serverless applications and use standard tooling like SAM, CodeDeploy, and Bitbucket Pipelines to automate the deployment.
- Exceed the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers with high quality designs and code
- Assess business value, tech debt, and tradeoffs during task prioritization.
You’ll use your experience in/familiarity with technologies relevant to Kyruus to:
- Build, scale, and deliver dynamic and highly-available enterprise solutions
- Think creatively about how to use technology and tools to solve problems faced by our users and customers
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies relevant to add to our stack.
You’ll use your communication and active listening skills to:
- Understand the needs of our users and customers at the beginning of each project
- Provide complete, actionable, and timely technical feedback to your Agile team
- Mentor fellow engineers
- Create an inclusive environment where your peers feel motivated to succeed
How You’ll Know You’re Succeeding
- You are a highly productive engineer committing a substantial amount of high-quality code reliably and on time to help the team achieve product roadmap goals and customer commits.
- You regularly write excellent documentation.
- You follow Agile practices in your daily and weekly work and are extremely dependable.
- You mentor engineers on a wide range of technical areas that you’re a subject matter expert and share your knowledge on relevant topics with Kyruuvians by presenting at Lunch & Learns, Technical Brown Bags, and internal demos.
- When presented with challenging situations or unexpected obstacles to your team’s progress or that of cross-functional projects, you unblock these projects by developing creative solutions and mitigating technical risks.
- You anticipate and develop strategies for future requirements and trends within your product area and/or dependent areas that share adjacencies with your team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
A new window will open to the job source site.