Find your next great job
A daily email of jobs matching your skills and preferences.
Sign Up 👋
Principal Python Software Engineer (SOA) at Labster (allows remote)
Posted almost 2 years ago
- Design and build scalable, high-volume web applications focused on functionality, security and maintainability
- Be the company's engineering authority on micro-services, container architectures and related technologies
- Educate and inspire engineering teams across the company in topics relating to micro-services
- Take project ideas from design to implementation
- Assume leadership and responsibility for the technical tasks and deliverables for a particular project
- Optimize the performance of applications data ingestion and data processing pipelines
- Build high-throughput and low latency micro-services
- Develop systems that are highly scalable, but easy to maintain
- Collaborate with colleagues on design and architecture decisions
- Collaborate with colleagues on the creation of Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment pipelines
- Engineer, test, deploy, and maintain company multi tenant applications using web and cloud-based technology stack
- Follows established coding standards and prescribed processes, both individually and at a team level
- Ensure code reviews are held for the project and follow development processes and tool utilization (regular pull-requests, unit and integration test writing, etc.) are followed
- Contributes to the engineering team's culture of high code quality. You will be accountable for the quality of code that is delivered to QA and production and must ensure that appropriate code reviews and unit testing are adequately performed
- Seeks ways to meet the underlying business requirements with cost effective, highly re-usable patterns and component
- Assists Project Manager in project planning and estimating of project score items
- Hands-on experience and expert knowledge of full software development life cycle of microservices architectures; including tools, best practices, continuous deployment, dependency/complexity management, scale/performance tuning, monitoring, resiliency, etc.
- Architect full stack life cycle of microservices, including back-end, front-end, devops
- Expert-level understanding of the Python programming language, related optimization techniques, and design patterns
- At least 4 years' experience in Django development
- Experience with Git version control tool
- Effective communication skills (oral and written) are a must
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Experience and/or willingness to work in a remote/distributed team
What do we offer?
- Friendly and productive work environment with fun, multinational, smart and open-minded people
- Opportunity to work with the newest technologies in a product company
- A lot of freedom within your scope of work
- Opportunity to work from home
- A fair salary based on your qualifications and experience
- A fun and challenging opportunity to work in an exciting company
A new window will open to the job source site.
Job research tailored to you.
Growing a career that's right for you is a life-changer, but it's undeniable that the job search
gets tougher every year. With automated hiring processes, resume filters and questionable interview practices,
finding a job that a tech skillset has become seriously challenging.
That's where we step in. Careeriscope can help lighten the stress load by making your search a bit easier. We
help you find matches based on the job search criteria you set, then send a summary of the results in a daily
email sent every morning for review.