Find your next great job
A daily email of jobs matching your skills and preferences.
Sign Up 👋
Network Reliability Engineer at Packet Fabric (allows remote)
Posted almost 2 years ago
As a network reliability engineer, you should definitely be the type that appreciates diversity in your day, and challenges outside of your comfort level! A typical day in the life of a PacketFabric network reliability engineer might include these types of activities:
- Work with the network architects to automate router provisioning and upgrades across thousands of network devices, taking into account all sorts of annoying things and edge cases
- Develop tools for network capacity planning, by working closely with network engineering, infrastructure, and procurement
- Work on streamlining the maintenance and outage process, by getting things like many many ugly vendor emails into an orderly database
- Write API’s and tools to manage and maintain the network overall
- Research and implement additional ideas you may have to improve the product/platform
Skills & Requirements
The right candidates will have an extreme abundance of hard core programming skills and be extremely well versed in various network protocols and network equipment. They will be comfortable handling orchestration tools and dealing with frustrating large data sets. You will also know how to sacrifice algorithm elegance, for getting it done on deadline, and know when it is time to refactor some code to improve latency in various situations. You don't even need to be reminded of safe/secure programming practices, because things as simple as session security are inherent to your nature. More specifics include:
- A ridiculous amount of experience working in network environments to automate tasks, or other complex environments, such as industrial equipment
- Second nature when working in a LAMP stack environment, armed with a command line
- Loads of experience with Python, and solid OO programming paradigms
- Experience with orchestration tools like Ansible and Jenkins
- Good familiarity with basic network protocols including MPLS and BGP.
- Good familiarity with various Layer 2 interconnect technologies, including but not limited to L2VPN and EVPN/VXLAN.
- Previous work with netconf interactions to Cisco and Juniper hardware, other router APIs, open source configuration tools, or writing your own scripts for configuration
- A huge plus for previous work in large scale networks
- Never being afraid to venture boldly where none have gone before, and develop code where there are no previous libraries to draw from
- A huge plus if you have experience with network traffic modeling.
A new window will open to the job source site.
Job research tailored to you.
Growing a career that's right for you is a life-changer, but it's undeniable that the job search
gets tougher every year. With automated hiring processes, resume filters and questionable interview practices,
finding a job that a tech skillset has become seriously challenging.
That's where we step in. Careeriscope can help lighten the stress load by making your search a bit easier. We
help you find matches based on the job search criteria you set, then send a summary of the results in a daily
email sent every morning for review.