Microverse: Head of Growth & Marketing
Posted almost 2 years ago
With full-time students in 80+ countries and funding from Y Combinator and other top-tier funds from Silicon Valley, Microverse
is looking for a Head of Growth and Marketing to build and lead our growth and marketing team, reporting directly to the CEO.
The ideal candidate should be an experienced generalist that has built marketing and growth teams before, and they should not afraid to balance strategy with hands-on execution. They should also have deep expertise in content marketing and storytelling; Microverse has an abundance of stories of students whose lives have been changed through the program and we can’t wait to share those stories with the world.
Potential Duties & Responsibilities
- Identify, develop, and prioritize student acquisition initiatives.
- Conduct weekly acquisition experiments to improve KPIs
- Develop new approaches to measure the effectiveness of all growth initiatives.
- Deeply understand Microverse’s applicant journey and student personas.
- Collaborate with Admissions, Student Success, and Career Services departments to align on our overall business strategy.
- Manage the production and distribution of marketing content, landing pages, and testimonial videos.
- Manage relationships with our agencies and partners.
- Lead the hiring of future growth and marketing team members.
Education, Skills, and Experience
- 5+ years of experience in high-growth startups, ideally in marketing or growth roles for a company with a large top of the funnel and a relatively longer consideration process.
- 2+ years of experience working at the intersection of marketing and product
- Experience building a growth or marketing team from the ground up
- The ability to quickly switch between high-level growth strategy and “scrappy” execution
- Excellent written communication skills
- Strong time management skills
- Have prior startup and remote work experience for a global company
- Have been described as resourceful, proactive, and entrepreneurial
- Have high empathy for working with individuals from different countries and cultures
- Are eager to experiment and learn
- Are based in Europe/Americas/Africa (for maximum timezone overlap with the rest of the team)
- Consider yourself to be a global citizen and passionate about making opportunity more equally distributed around the world
- Are familiar with working with tools such as Typeform, Airtable, Zapier, Customer.io, and GitHub
What we offer
- Opportunity to join a rapidly growing company and shape our direction and organization.
- The opportunity to join the whole team at company retreats somewhere around the world once every nine months or so.
- Work alongside a fully distributed team that lives all around the world and is from 7 different countries that believe in our core values:
1. We are global citizens
2. We are passionate about our mission
3. We invest in people
4. We are eager learners
5. We are transparent
6. We take ownership of our work
7. We live a harmonious life
How to apply
Send us a short paragraph (through AngelList) telling us why you think you are a great fit for this position. Include the word "coffee" at the beginning so we know you read the entire job description :)
* The position is a full-time remote position.
Microverse is an equal opportunity employer and acts in this capacity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.
Microverse is a global, distributed school for software developers that doesn't charge students anything until they get hired.
We are backed by Y Combinator and other top tier investors from Silicon Valley, and our team works remotely from more than 7 countries. We are global citizens that are passionate about our mission and company values. Being remote-first and fully transparent, we are proud of the amazing remote culture we are building, while also making time for at least a few in-person meetups with team members each year.
At Microverse, there are no classes or physical classrooms. Instead, students learn through a very unique approach — by remote pair programming and collaborating with other students in real-time, just as they would with colleagues in a real company. We work with them to learn the skills to become world-class software developers, and don't charge them anything until they get a job.
Thanks to a unique peer-to-peer model that replaces teachers with students learning from and with each other, our low cost per student allows us to invest in untapped talent that no one else has access to. We have full-time students in 80+ countries, thousands of applicants per month from ~200 countries, and graduates from Nigeria to Mexico that have increased their salaries by 2-10x after completing the program.
To apply: https://angel.co/company/microverse/jobs/610677-head-of-growth
A new window will open to the job source site.