Find your next great job
A daily email of jobs matching your skills and preferences.
Sign Up 👋
Lead Network Engineer with SaltStack at CenturyLink (Broomfield, CO) (allows remote)
Posted almost 2 years ago
We are looking for an engineer with solid knowledge of Linux development/administration and practical experience with SaltStack to join a fast-paced, leading-edge configuration management team. Our experienced team of software developers and engineers do the server/application management and orchestration for one of the largest Content Delivery Networks (CDNs), supporting the biggest video, gaming and internet companies in the world. Our team builds software to image, manage, repair and upgrade the thousands of servers that make up the world-wide CenturyLink CDN network.
- Design, Implement and Maintain enterprise level, high-availability Configuration Management & Orchestration applications, in a Linux environment
- Build, and maintain efficient, reusable, reliable code in an Agile (CA/Rally) environment.
- Support large-scale deployments, across a world-wide network.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- 4+ years Professional Software Development
- 1+ years Professional SaltStack Development, in a Linux CentOS environment
- Relevant Enterprise experience with the fundamental design and implementation principles behind scalable, high-availability applications
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Practical experience with Test Frameworks and Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) processes.
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM, and RESTful
- Familiarity with GitLab
- Familiarity with development aiding tools such as Capistrano, Bower, Bundler, Rake, etc.
- Experience as a Sysadmin, and with Ruby, Python and other scripting a plus
A new window will open to the job source site.
Job research tailored to you.
Growing a career that's right for you is a life-changer, but it's undeniable that the job search
gets tougher every year. With automated hiring processes, resume filters and questionable interview practices,
finding a job that a tech skillset has become seriously challenging.
That's where we step in. Careeriscope can help lighten the stress load by making your search a bit easier. We
help you find matches based on the job search criteria you set, then send a summary of the results in a daily
email sent every morning for review.