Find your next great job
A daily email of jobs matching your skills and preferences.
Sign Up 👋
Healthify: Senior Software Engineer - help us change healthcare!
Posted 13 days ago
Headquarters: New York, NY
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our growing Engineering team! You should apply if you have an interest in improving health outcomes for diverse patient populations and if you value efficient, maintainable, tested code. We’re excited to meet candidates who approach work with empathy, respect, and humility. This position is remote friendly!
About the Role
Software engineers will:
- Design new systems and features
- Drive innovative tech solutions adhering to iterative principles
- Work on software solutions that will transform the healthcare space
- Perform peer code reviews
- Work across the stack (Postgres->Ruby->React)
- Participate in iteration planning meetings, retros, and problem-solving sessions with the Product team, as well as interviews
- Scale the number of users and records
- Work collaboratively across teams
- Mentor junior engineers
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Experienced with modern software development including pull requests, continuous integration/deployment, unit testing, and agile methodologies
- Experienced with web technologies (preferably Ruby on Rails and/or React.js)
- Must be based in the USA
...And the following would be nice:
- Experience working in healthcare or social impact-oriented organizations
- Experience with cloud technologies like AWS and containerization (Docker)
Together, we live into our Core Values
We lead with empathy: We believe in kindness, empathy, assuming good intentions and finding mutual understanding from our teammates, customers, and users.
We lean into vulnerability: We're not afraid to ask for help or give and receive feedback. We build off our failures and don’t shy away from tough conversations.
We rise above the status quo: We hold our work to a high standard. We continuously learn and improve so that we can develop excellent products for the people and communities we serve
We match grit with wit: We love a challenge and the opportunity to get creative and solve interesting problems
...and to further support them, we offer:
- Unlimited Vacation
- A comprehensive tech set up
- $500 one time equipment budget with refreshes
- $1000 annual continuous learning budget
- 100% covered Medical, Dental & Vision insurance
- Access to an FSA
- Pretax MetroCard options
- Zero cost gym reimbursement options
- Free memberships to ClassPass & CitiBike
- Inclusive Parental leave
- Flexible work schedule
- A commitment to diversity & inclusion
- Code of conduct with reporting procedures
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/healthify-senior-software-engineer-help-us-change-healthcare-2
A new window will open to the job source site.
Job research tailored to you.
Growing a career that's right for you is a life-changer, but it's undeniable that the job search
gets tougher every year. With automated hiring processes, resume filters and questionable interview practices,
finding a job that a tech skillset has become seriously challenging.
That's where we step in. Careeriscope can help lighten the stress load by making your search a bit easier. We
help you find matches based on the job search criteria you set, then send a summary of the results in a daily
email sent every morning for review.