Good Eggs: Senior Software Engineer
Posted almost 2 years ago
Headquarters: San Francisco, CA
Good Eggs is the simplest way to feed your family, all week long. We’re an online grocery delivery service based in the Bay Area, offering absurdly fresh local produce, easy weeknight meal kits, everyday staples, and wine, beer, and spirits — everything you want and everything you need, delivered to your door.
We believe in...
- The positive impact of good food on our families, our community, and our environment.
- Sourcing local so there's less time and distance between the farm and your fridge.
- Investing in local foodmakers’ businesses as we grow ours.
- Paying our employees a living wage and working with producers who do the same.
The freshest groceries, curated for you, delivered on your schedule so you have more time for the things that matter.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you'll be responsible for the architecture, design, development, and testing of our e-commerce platform, product information management system, and warehouse management system.
We run a mature Agile engineering process complete with two week iterations, test-driven development, pair programming and continuous deployment. Our core platform is a collection of highly available microservices built with Node.js, MongoDB, GraphQL, React and RabbitMQ.
- Complete tasks prioritized in the engineering queue with minimal need for support.
- Contribute to engineering best practices, documentation, and architecture decisions.
- Support and mentor other engineers, including pair programming and pull request reviews.
- Gather requirements and write technical proposals for solving business problems. Work with stakeholders to build alignment around these proposals.
- Translate technical proposals into engineering tasks. Work with a scrum team to estimate and prioritize these tasks.
- Work with stakeholders to rollout and QA technical projects and address any issues.
- Participate in an on-call rotation to support our systems. When on-call, be available 24 hours per day to respond to pages.
- Degree, certification, or relevant experience in software engineering
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience developing full-stack web applications
- Track record of delivering large projects successfully to production
- Experience acting as the technical lead on at least two cross-team projects
- Experience mentoring junior engineers
- Fluency in Typescript, GraphQL, MongoDB, React, React Native, Redis, or RabbitMQ
- Microservices architecture experience
- E-commerce experience
- Product information management (PIM) experience
- Warehouse management systems (WMS) experience
- Growth and acquisition experience (SEO, A/B testing, funnel analytics, etc.)
Why work for Good Eggs?
- We're working to build the most loved, most profitable, purpose-driven food community in the world
- Working for a purpose driven company who cares about people
- Incredible work environment with passionate, accomplished team members
- Most of all -- Good Eggs offers an opportunity to use your energy, creativity and enthusiasm to participate in building a better food system.
- Locally sourced, chef-prepared, family-style team lunches!
- Benefits include employer assisted health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401k, Equity, Flexible spending accounts (FSA), 20% off groceries + free delivery, Flex vacation + 10 holidays, Generous parental leave, & opportunity for an unpaid sabbatical: after 2 years.
Good Eggs provides equal employment opportunities for team members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military status or disability in accordance with local, state and federal guidelines. We hire and promote individuals based on their qualifications for the position to be filled. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce.
To apply: https://jobs.lever.co/goodeggs/f52160db-c591-4a1a-b006-ec9d3be958d0?lever-origin=applied&lever-source%5B%5D=WeWork%20Remotely
A new window will open to the job source site.