Expensify: Remote APAC Success Coach
Posted about 2 years ago
Headquarters: San Francisco, CA
Your Mission, Should You Choose to Accept:
Join our passionate team of top-notch experts to solve a real-world problem, and help people spend less time managing expenses and more time pursuing their real goals. As we revolutionize the way people manage their expenses, being part of the Expensify team means building the easiest, fastest, and most efficient platform to automate everything expense-related.
Even though we work hard at Expensify, we make sure our employees are happy. Our most talked about perk is our Offshore
where we spend a month abroad working from a remote location as a team. This year we’re going to Spain, do you want to join?
About The Job
As a Success Coach, you’ll focus on making sure that our customers are successful in using Expensify. You’ll do this by applying a deep understanding of our customers, their processes, our product and the systems that we integrate with. Our customers come in all shapes and sizes and we do our best to make them as happy as possible (read: phenomenal support is the name of the game). When our product changes, you’ll be the point of contact for our customers via email, in product announcements, phone calls, and (occasional) in-person visits.
Joining our team means you enjoy a fast-paced and ever changing work environment. You’re fearless and relish in big challenges, working within the grey and making it concrete and clear. You’re entrepreneurial, you love supporting customers and helping them solve complex problems -- all with the ease of a trapeze artist! You’re a digital expert and love interacting with customers through email, chat, and sometimes over the phone. Because Expensify is a simple product that connects to a variety of deceptively complex financial systems, you’re also someone who is comfortable wading in the complicated waters of accounting and simplifying it for our customers.
For the best possible fit, we’re looking for someone who can:
- Articulate complex thoughts. One moment you may be having a technical discussion with an engineer about the product implications of a new feature, before quickly moving on to working directly with a non-technical customer to fix a problem. The ideal candidate will be able to clearly articulate themselves in each scenario.
- Maintain customer happiness and problem solve on their behalf by providing clear and friendly written and verbal communication.
- Manage time and prioritize efficiently. Things move quickly in this environment and it’s crucial that you are able to react to new information and re-prioritize accordingly.
- Learn from peers across teams in an informal fashion. After all, no one is an expert at Expensify and we're all learning things as we go. We also love anyone who's able to effectively train colleagues as we grow the team.
- Do what it takes to bring the most value to the company day to day, even if it may be repetitive sometimes and not so glamorous. #oneteamonedream
- Support customers day in and day out, with the understanding that a product-driven company grows nowhere without a happy customer base. Make no mistake, this role is squarely grounded in customer support, no matter the customer size.
- Say “no” and communicate that things won’t always change “now”. This helps to keep our product simple and user-friendly, but it is only possible with in-depth product knowledge and a deep understanding of the problem that the customer is trying to solve.
- Bonus: Some general understanding of the accounting process, not required!
Like what you see? Applying is easy, but it takes time. See, while we know you're awesome, it's actually really hard and time consuming to find you in the midst of literally hundreds of other applications we get from everyone else. So this is where we're going to ask our first favor: can you make it really easy and obvious how great you are, so we don't accidentally overlook you? There are many ways to do that, but the easiest way is to help us out by answering the following questions:
- Describe a memorable experience - whether at work or in your personal life - working with a client/customer. What issue did they face, and how you were able to address their concerns? If you weren't successful addressing their concerns, why not?
- Pretend you had a month to do whatever you wanted. What would you do? And would this be sufficient time to accomplish the goals you set out to achieve?
- If you were tasked with analyzing customer behavior and recommending product-driven solutions, how would you approach that problem?
- What do you want to do with your life, and how is Expensify a step toward those long-term goals?
- How did you hear about us? A job posting? Chalk on a sidewalk? From a friend? Let us know where you saw this opening.
Resume not your thing? That’s great, we don’t really read them anyways! Forward your responses to the questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. We're excited to hear from you!
To apply: https://we.are.expensify.com/apac-success-coach
A new window will open to the job source site.