Find your next great job
A daily email of jobs matching your skills and preferences.
Sign Up 👋
Engineering Manager - Passenger Team - Full Remote in Europe at Heetch (allows remote)
Posted almost 2 years ago
Read before applying:
We're a young company iterating over our remote culture so for now, we're only working with people in locations where the time zone is: -3 hours > Paris time zone < +3 hours
Passenger Team @Heetch
The top priority of our user-centric team is the happiness of our passengers. From the moment they decide to join us until they enter our marketplace, passengers will be using our products. And our mission is to make sure they get the stellar experience they deserve. The scope of the team includes passenger acquisition, to ensure that passengers can signup smoothly in a few seconds, and passenger account, to provide a wonderful lifecycle experience to our passengers and help them oversee their passenger account between 2 rides. Given our business scope, our team is working side-by-side with other Product teams and partners (Operations and Marketing teams), allowing us to build features that will empower passengers with new ways to ride.
- Move fast not furious.
- Don’t be scared of failure, learn from it and try again.
- Unit and functional tests are as important as code.
- Code is always evolving we do not think in versions.
- We’re not just here to push code, product ownerships equally spread amongst the team.
Our team's values
- Work wherever you want: We’ve always been remote first but also have shiny offices in Paris, London, Brussels and Casablanca.
- Open communication: Everything is public within the team.
- You are not alone: We use Slack and video calls every day.
- Promulgate Knowledge: Whether it's organizational, cultural or technical, we're eager to learn!
- Continuous improvement: We do weekly team retrospectives and have a strong Speak Up value.
What will be your role?
As an Engineering Manager, you will 100% remotely manage a fast-growing engineering team to build a product on a highly scalable technology stack (full microservices architecture in Golang running on top of Docker).
Does it sound like you?
- You have more than 4 years of engineering leadership experience with at least 2 years managing multiple teams in different locations.
- You've already worked in a fast-paced environment within a small company.
- You have strong communication skills: You're able to interact with a variety of profiles, from technical to non-technical.
- You show a significant track record of attracting, retaining, and mentoring top talent within the industry.
- You're committed to controlling unconscious biases in recruiting for your team in order to attract diverse candidates.
- You have a proven ability to motivate and inspire a talented and creative technical team to perform.
- You understand and are experienced in building highly scalable, highly available distributed systems.
- You can develop a comprehensive platform performance and scalability strategy while continuously delivering product improvements.
What will you do?
- Work with engineering, product, and UX teams to facilitate project delivery by ensuring alignment and on time delivery
- Define, implement, and oversee a flexible and effective development process to reach the team's delivery goals
- Offer a collaborative and welcoming development environment for your team members
- Deliver high quality, high availability, highly reliable, scalable, and secure distributed systems
- Support and inspire an ambitious group of engineers in their career goals
- Work with our people operations team to maintain our high performance and high morale
- Oversee a distributed team (fully remote across Europe) of motivated engineers spanning all experience levels
- Facilitate continuous learning and improvement for the team and its members
- Provide technical and non-technical guidance to the team, both individually and as a group
- Maximize team productivity and build loyalty by deeply understanding & incorporating various motivations, working styles and preferences
- Cultivate high engagement, performance and commitment to the product through a motivational & visionary approach
- Develop and mentor upcoming leaders and key engineers
- Be actively involved in hiring and growing our engineering team
- Plan and implement hiring strategies to attract talent within your team
- Advocate for engineering and management on the blog or at social and tech events
- Recruit outstanding technical talents from diverse backgrounds while continuously enhancing our recruiting strategies and programs
- Help us grow and evolve our engineering culture
- Work with other engineering managers to drive cultural changes across the organisation
What will be your main challenges?
Now in a Bootstrap phase, you’ll play a major role in leading the team’s dynamic, growth and culture. Your main challenge will be to create the team’s vision based on what was handled by other teams before and take ownership of your defined scope to deliver impactful results.
If your application is selected, the process will be composed of 3 steps:
- Interview with your line manager (1h30)
- Interview with a panel of Engineering Managers (1h30)
- Day on site (Paris) to meet your future team and stakeholders
A new window will open to the job source site.
Job research tailored to you.
Growing a career that's right for you is a life-changer, but it's undeniable that the job search
gets tougher every year. With automated hiring processes, resume filters and questionable interview practices,
finding a job that a tech skillset has become seriously challenging.
That's where we step in. Careeriscope can help lighten the stress load by making your search a bit easier. We
help you find matches based on the job search criteria you set, then send a summary of the results in a daily
email sent every morning for review.