Find your next great job
A daily email of jobs matching your skills and preferences.
Sign Up 👋
DNSimple: Ruby & Go Systems Developer
Posted almost 2 years ago
Headquarters: Melbourne, FL
As a DNSimple Systems Developer, you are responsible for implementing new functionality, enhancing existing functionality, fixing issues, and developing an overall system to help achieve customer success through the automation of their domain management.
- We're a fully distributed team of experienced developers.
- Our systems are developed in multiple languages: Ruby, Go, Erlang. Ruby is our primary language.
- We deploy and operate our applications and infrastructure.
- We care about code quality and we adopt best practices to ensure maintainability.
- We test our code, we use code review, and we ship multiple times a day.
- Design and implement well-tested Ruby application code for dnsimple.com.
- Design and implement well-tested Go application code for a variety of support services.
- Clearly communicate progress on projects with the DNSimple team through commits, GitHub pull requests, and GitHub issues.
- Review other team member pull requests in a timely fashion.
- Answer customer support requests, helping customers achieve their goals and recording issues when changes need to be made to handle bugs or enhancements.
- Previous experience developing Ruby software, using Ruby on Rails, is required.
- Previous experience with git for version control is required.
- Previous experience developing Go software is preferred.
- Confident with testing and Test Driven Development.
- Confident with SQL (PostgreSQL in particular).
- Strong object oriented design skills and familiarity with SOLID principles preferred.
- Familiarity with Domain Driven Design preferred.
- Experience operating production systems and taking responsibility for uptime and stability.
- Strong English comprehension and writing skills required.
- Tangible contribution to the open-source community or trackable record of public talks is preferred.
To apply: https://dnsimple.com/jobs#systems-developer
A new window will open to the job source site.
Job research tailored to you.
Growing a career that's right for you is a life-changer, but it's undeniable that the job search
gets tougher every year. With automated hiring processes, resume filters and questionable interview practices,
finding a job that a tech skillset has become seriously challenging.
That's where we step in. Careeriscope can help lighten the stress load by making your search a bit easier. We
help you find matches based on the job search criteria you set, then send a summary of the results in a daily
email sent every morning for review.