A daily email of jobs matching your skills and preferences.Sign Up 👋
Hays Specialist Recruitment is working in partnership with Security Scorecard to manage the recruitment of this position
The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
This position is NOT eligible for subcontractors or those that require sponsorship.
Hays is conducting an exclusive search for a Director of Engineering, for a Cybersecurity company based in NYC. Security Scorecard builds a very unique product that rates cybersecurity postures of corporate entities through the scored analysis of cyber threat intelligence signals for the purposes of third party management and IT risk management. They have a very modern Technology stack and work in a dynamic & agile environment. The position is 100% remote and you'll be responsible for the day to day management of the DevOps and IT/IS Teams, deployment of the software and maintaining the production software. Your experience should involve managing 5+ direct engineering reports and a total staff of 10-20 members, 10+ years leadership experience and Experience with Automation and the leadership of a CI/CD pipeline.
Director of Engineering - Perm - New York, NY
* Day to day management of the DevOps and IT/IS teams
* Deployment of all platform software
* Maintaining the production environment
* The management of all high value/high availability systems requiring 24/7 monitoring
* You will be the de facto leader of the Sustaining Team
* Building engineering process and workflows
* Building project plans for the deployment of all IT projects
* Leading the negotiation of all software contracts
* Process documentation
* Customer facing communications (escalations)
* Stay focused on customer and market needs
* Develop a culture of openness and team-work
* Communicate and translate the clients' vision into goals for multiple Software Engineering teams
* Support organizational capacity through staffing, budgeting, compensation planning, skills development, and acquisition of required tools and technologies
* Collaborate effectively across all functions to ensure organizational effectiveness
* Handle escalations that cannot be resolved independently by direct reports, and may similarly escalate to more senior management as appropriate
* Balance available resources to support the objectives of multiple teams
* Expert understanding of underlying technology, product and product domain, to participate effectively in technical and release discussions
* Has previously managed 5+ direct engineering reports and a total engineering staff of 10-20 employees
* Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field is required
* Must have previously led a Sustaining Team, or similar role
* Experience with automation, and the leadership of a CI/CD pipeline
* 10 or more years of leadership experience within the software domain
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the Information Technology industry and market trends . Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there's a position you really want, you're fully prepared to get it. Additionally, if the position is a consulting role, Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
* Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information.
A new window will open to the job source site.
Growing a career that's right for you is a life-changer, but it's undeniable that the job search gets tougher every year. With automated hiring processes, resume filters and questionable interview practices, finding a job that a tech skillset has become seriously challenging.
That's where we step in. Careeriscope can help lighten the stress load by making your search a bit easier. We help you find matches based on the job search criteria you set, then send a summary of the results in a daily email sent every morning for review.