Density Inc.: Senior Embedded Engineer
Posted almost 2 years ago
Headquarters: San Francisco, CA
To our future Senior Embedded Engineer
At Density, we build one of the most advanced people sensing systems in the world. The product and infrastructure is nuanced and one-of-a-kind. Building this product for scale has been an exercise in patience, creativity, remarkable engineering, laser physics, global logistics, and grit. The team is thoughtful, driven, and world-class.
Why this is an important role
Last week our deployed DPUs
detected a million humans walking through doors. A number that increases every week.
As engineers, we think it's pretty cool to be capturing events at this volume. Especially when it's done anonymously, accurately, and in real-time. Although counting people is a DPU's top priority, it needs to do so much more.
Our system must efficiently and reliably:
- Receive and process improvements through command and control functionality
- Seamlessly interact with our network of partner products (think building automation and security integrations)
- Push diagnostic data so we can remotely monitor and troubleshoot.
Our DPU has a growing set of responsibilities. We need an experienced hand to help us imagine, build, and maintain these mission critical systems and functionalities. Are you up for the job?
This position reports to Density’s Director of Software.
- Deep understanding of modern C++
- Exceptional comfort with networking, specifically in enterprise environments (this is big for us)
- Strong experience with the Linux system level APIs, placing an emphasis on designing AsyncIO/event loop based embedded user space daemons.
- Experience integrating with custom hardware via standard Linux interfaces.
- Strong understanding of TLS based communication (ideally using OpenSSL).
- Experience interfacing with large scale cloud based backends.
- Experience with an embedded Linux build system (Yocto, Buildroot, Linux from Scratch)
Bonus Points for:
- Computer Vision
- Machine learning and machine learning hardware
- Experience with building automation. Specifically Bacnet protocol.
- Python 3 AsyncIO
- AWS lambda
- CDP or LLDP
To apply: https://jobs.lever.co/density/358d1df0-55b8-4558-93dc-26f18c784b94/apply?lever-source=weworkremotely
A new window will open to the job source site.