Find your next great job
A daily email of jobs matching your skills and preferences.
Sign Up 👋
Data Science Content Writer at Thinkful Inc. (allows remote)
Posted almost 2 years ago
Please Apply Here
Education | Remote, USA | Contract
Who We Are Thinkful is a new type of school that brings high-growth tech careers to ambitious people everywhere. We provide 1-on-1 learning through our network of industry experts, hiring partners, and online platform to deliver a structured and flexible education. Thinkful offers programs in web development, data science, and design, with in-person communities in up-and-coming tech hubs around the U.S. To join the Thinkful network visit thinkful.com.
Job Description Thinkful is launching a new immersive data science program which aims to be the best in-class remote, full-time data science program offered today. As part of this effort, we're looking for a data science subject matter expert to join us in executing on our content roadmap for this exciting new program. You will be creating the backbone of a new program that propels people from a background in academia and the sciences into an impactful career as Data Scientists. You'll produce written content, lesson plans including instructor notes and student activity descriptions, presentation decks, code assets, and written content, all to support our students as they learn the core skills of data science. Your work product will be extremely impactful, as it forms the core asset around which the daily experience of our students will revolve.
- Consistently deliver content that meets spec and is on time to support our program launch roadmap
- Create daily lesson plans consisting of
- Presentation decks that instructors use to lecture students on a given learning objective
- Instructor notes that instructors use alongside
- Activity descriptions — these are notes describing tasks students complete together in order to advance the learning objective in a given lecture
- Creates curriculum checkpoint content on specific learning objectives. In addition to the in-class experience, our students also spend time reading and completing tasks for a written curriculum hosted on the Thinkful platform
- Creates code assets to support lesson plans, student activities, and written curriculum content
- Iterates on deliverables based on user feedback
- 3+ years of hands-on Data Science industry experience
- Demonstrated subject matter expert in stats and probability, programming in Python, Python data science toolkit (comprised of Jupyter notebooks, Pandas, sci-kit-learn), A/B testing, supervised and unsupervised machine learning
- Knowledgeable with Natural Language Processing (NLP), Big Data (Spark, Hadoop), Deep Learning/Machine Learning (keras, tensorflow)
- Collaborative.You enjoy partnering with people and have excellent project management skills and follow through
- Excellent writing skills. You've got a gift for writing about complicated concepts in a beginner-friendly way. You can produce high-quality prose as well as high-quality presentations
Compensation and Benefit
- Contract position with a collaborative team
- Ability to work remotely with flexible hours
- Access to all available course curriculum for personal use
- Membership to a global community of over 500 Software Engineers, Developers, and Data Scientists who, like you, want to keep their skills sharp and help learners break into the industry
- At this time, we are unable to consider applicants from the following states: Alaska, Delaware, Idaho, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Carolina, South Dakota, West Virginia, and Wyoming and Oregon.
A new window will open to the job source site.
Job research tailored to you.
Growing a career that's right for you is a life-changer, but it's undeniable that the job search
gets tougher every year. With automated hiring processes, resume filters and questionable interview practices,
finding a job that a tech skillset has become seriously challenging.
That's where we step in. Careeriscope can help lighten the stress load by making your search a bit easier. We
help you find matches based on the job search criteria you set, then send a summary of the results in a daily
email sent every morning for review.