Find your next great job
A daily email of jobs matching your skills and preferences.
Sign Up 👋
Data Engineer at Affinitiv, Inc. (Clearwater, FL) (allows remote)
Posted about 2 years ago
Work from home for a fun, successful, profitable company. Affinitiv is looking for an experienced Data Engineer to work on several large projects. Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server administration and T-SQL are a must. The applicant must be a fast learner and willing to dive in quickly. Our proprietary software utilizes unique targeting capabilities, capitalizes on our extensive data analytics giving our engineers interesting projects to work on, lots of autonomy to make good coding decisions, and we try to keep meetings to an absolute minimum. This is a remote (domestic United States only) position, unless you live in the Tampa Bay area. We are only considering senior level candidates who are self-motivated and can be productive without someone standing over their shoulder.
- Design, develop, and maintain search related functionality in the application
- Work on a team dedicated to the ongoing core needs of the software platform
- Work with engineers on other teams when necessary to fix SQL performance related issues
- Assist the Database Administrator in various administrative tasks and act as backup when necessary
Required Skills and Experience:
- 8-10+ years’ experience as a software developer and/or SQL administrator.
- Extensive hands-on experience with Microsoft SQL Server / T-SQL, as well as experience with C# and the .Net Framework.
- Able to troubleshoot performance bottlenecks for SQL queries and read query execution plans.
- Good understanding of the following: types of indexes and when to use them, transaction isolation levels and windows analytical functions.
- Knowledge of administration tasks with SQL Server like backups, log backups, checkdb and index/statistics maintenance.
- Knowledge of high-availability cluster setup is preferred.
- Experience with AWS, Elasticsearch, and streaming solutions would be beneficial in this role.
- Prefer experience with Redis.
- Preferred experience with Scrum/Agile as well as test-driven development and various automated testing frameworks.
- Experience with .Net Core preferred.
- Leadership experience is helpful, but not required.
Job Benefits & Perks:
- Paid health, dental, and vision insurance.
- 401K, paid holidays, and PTO.
- Competitive wage; compensation commensurate with skills and experience.
A new window will open to the job source site.
Job research tailored to you.
Growing a career that's right for you is a life-changer, but it's undeniable that the job search
gets tougher every year. With automated hiring processes, resume filters and questionable interview practices,
finding a job that a tech skillset has become seriously challenging.
That's where we step in. Careeriscope can help lighten the stress load by making your search a bit easier. We
help you find matches based on the job search criteria you set, then send a summary of the results in a daily
email sent every morning for review.