Find your next great job
A daily email of jobs matching your skills and preferences.
Sign Up 👋
Data Architect - Remote at SemanticBits (allows remote)
Posted almost 2 years ago
SemanticBits is looking for talented data architects to design and build sophisticated IT systems in the healthcare and life sciences domains. In this role, you would have the following responsibilities.
- Determine database structural requirements by analyzing client operations and systems.
- Create conceptual, logical, and physical database designs using data modeling approaches such as UML, E-R, XML Schema, JSON Schema, and SQL.
- Select appropriate database architecture and technologies - OLTP vs OLAP, relational vs NoSQL, document vs columnar, graph vs triple-store, etc.
- Implement and optimize physical database design to support performance, scaling, security, backup, and disaster recovery requirements.
- Work closely with application developers and data analysts to design and optimize data access, query, reporting, and analysis strategies.
- Provide guidance to DevOps team for maintaining database performance by identifying and resolving production and application development problems, calculating optimum values for database parameters, evaluating, integrating, and installing new releases, performing maintenance, and answering user questions.
SemanticBits is a leading company specializing in the design and development of digital health services, and the work we do is just as unique as the culture we’ve created. We develop cutting-edge solutions to complex problems for commercial, academic, and government organizations. The systems we develop are used in finding cures for deadly diseases, improving the quality of healthcare delivered to millions of people, and revolutionizing the healthcare industry on a nationwide scale. There is a meaningful connection between our work and the real people who benefit from it; and, as such, we create an environment in which new ideas and innovative strategies are encouraged. We are an established company with the mindset of a startup and we feel confident that we offer an employment experience unlike any other and that we set our employees up for professional success every day.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science (or a related field) required
- At least 4 years in a data administrator or architect role.
- Demonstrable experience with RDBMS products, such as Oracle, MySQL, and PostGreSQL.
- Demonstrable experience with NoSQL products, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, and DynamoDB, Elasticsearch.
- Very strong SQL query skills
- Must be able to effectively use a query planner and database metrics to analyze and optimize queries, table structure, indices, and partitioning strategies.
- Familiarity with other query languages is highly desirable - e.g. XPath, MongoDB query language, Elasticsearch query language, JSON Path, SPARQL, etc.
- Strong technical communication skills; both written and verbal
- Strong problem solving and structuring skills
- Ability to identify and learn applicable new techniques independently as needed.
- Experience in the healthcare domain, or with quality data sets is highly desirable.
- Experience with the following technologies is also highly desirable: Apache Superset, Tableau, Looker, Dremio, AWS cloud computing, Hadoop, Spark.
- Generous base salary
- Three weeks of PTO
- Excellent health benefits program (Medical, dental and vision)
- Education and conference reimbursement
- 401k retirement plan. We contribute 3% of base salary irrespective of employee's contribution
- 100% paid life insurance
- Casual working environment
- Choice of laptop type (Mac or PC)
- Flexible work hours
SemanticBits, LLC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are also a veteran-friendly employer.
A new window will open to the job source site.
Job research tailored to you.
Growing a career that's right for you is a life-changer, but it's undeniable that the job search
gets tougher every year. With automated hiring processes, resume filters and questionable interview practices,
finding a job that a tech skillset has become seriously challenging.
That's where we step in. Careeriscope can help lighten the stress load by making your search a bit easier. We
help you find matches based on the job search criteria you set, then send a summary of the results in a daily
email sent every morning for review.