Car Next Door: Senior Full Stack Ruby Engineer (Home based)
Posted 18 days ago
Senior Full Stack Ruby Engineer (Home-based)
Term: Long term contract
Location: South East Asia (home-based)
Car Next Door has been growing on average 100% a year since 2015. We are the fifth-largest peer-to-peer car-sharing platform in the world and are on a mission to fundamentally change the way people think about transport. Since starting we have grown our community to more than 4,000+ cars being shared with over 250,000+ members.
Our fast growth and market position has been recently recognised by:
- 2020 - Financial Times High-Growth Companies Asia-Pacific 500
- 2019 - Australian Growth Company Awards, winner - Company to watch
- 2019 - Deloitte Technology Fast 50
About the role:
We are looking to attract an experienced and self-motivated Full-Stack Ruby on Rails Engineer, to join a highly experienced product team as we scale up. The role would suit someone who wants to play a key part in the product team, working on exciting projects in one of Australia's most promising startups.
You will help drive the technology direction of the company, supported by our well-rounded team as we embark on a fast-paced programme of development to help the business expand throughout Australia and beyond.
As a part of the team, you’ll be:
- Contributing to the development of Car Next Door's core car-sharing platform (web and app) through building new functionality; integrating with internal and external systems; working with mapping systems and vehicle telematics, and automating core processes.
- Contributing to the direction of our technical environment and development practices.
- Working with product managers and designers to ensure requirements are optimised for the technical environment.
- Leading/participating in software engineering projects through to release.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- 3+ years commercial software development experience (with at least two years Ruby on Rails).
- A focus on detail, particularly when writing automated tests and documenting your code.
- Experience debugging and optimising web applications for speed and scale.
- An agile mindset and the ability to adapt to changing priorities and requirements.
- Proactive, inquisitive nature with a desire to learn.
- A genuine team player, pro-actively sharing best practices and ideas to improve the Product Team’s systems and performance. Ready to help unblock others and likewise ask for help when stuck.
- Proactive and tenacious, keeps the momentum moving on projects and technical roadblocks.
Apply now to be considered for this amazing opportunity!
Go to this link (https://forms.gle/QFEUNqFmTywKyXPy8) to submit your application. Please note we will only progress applicants who have applied via the link.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/car-next-door-senior-full-stack-ruby-engineer-home-based
A new window will open to the job source site.