Find your next great job
A daily email of jobs matching your skills and preferences.
Sign Up 👋
Bridebook: Senior Backend Developer
Posted almost 2 years ago
Headquarters: London, UK
We are seeking a Senior Backend Developer to help shape the future of our business as we continue to scale towards being a global leader. You will be responsible for a key part of our mission, and provide the strongest possible base for accelerating and scaling our product in the near future.
- Expert in TypeScript; experience with Python, Golang and DSLs is a plus
- Expert in relational and NoSQL databases, particularly with GCP (e.g. Firebase, BigQuery, RTDB, Firestore, Security Rules)
- Knowledge of technical best practises, including testing (Mocha, AVA, Jest)
- Database processing - creating and maintaining custom scripts and migrations
- Proficiency in caching (Redis) and search engines (ElasticSearch)
- Expert in creating and managing RESTful APIs; GraphQL
- Authentication methodologies and general security principles
- Experience with cloud services like AWS and GCP; usage of Docker and Continuous Integration
- Experience in profiling, debugging and cloud services monitoring is a plus
- Being a technical leader within your team and within Bridebook in general
- Building and maintaining a secure, sustainable and scalable backend architecture
- Working towards carrying out effective systems monitoring and logging, using the results to help shape our product decisions
- Creating, maintaining and monitoring scalable dynamic infrastructure, serverless microservices, database migrations and optimisations
- Having full understanding and alignment with our company goals so that they serve as the basis of the work you drive forward
- Being the advocate for all things backend, to ensure we have the best foundation to conquer the industry and consistently scale up
- Promoting a healthy and collaborative culture across teams to collectively deliver exceptional output
- You are an active communicator; able to effectively collaborate with both the technical and business sides of the company
- You are committed to sharing your expertise through documentation, mentorship and discussion (both written and verbal)
- You have technical leadership and/or team leadership experience
- You are a strategic and creative thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- You have a track record of helping to build successful products and have experience working directly with product managers and business stakeholders
- You are comfortable giving and receiving constructive feedback
- You are ultimately responsible for backend decisions, but are always able to talk through and defend those ideas
- You are committed to writing high-quality code and proactively fixing issues
- This position is open to remote applicants who are based in areas that allow them to comfortably work within our timezone
- It is also open to on-site applicants who will be based in our 8th floor Notting Hill office where we have some of the best panoramic views of London
To apply: https://bridebookcouk.homerun.co/senior-backend-developer
A new window will open to the job source site.
Job research tailored to you.
Growing a career that's right for you is a life-changer, but it's undeniable that the job search
gets tougher every year. With automated hiring processes, resume filters and questionable interview practices,
finding a job that a tech skillset has become seriously challenging.
That's where we step in. Careeriscope can help lighten the stress load by making your search a bit easier. We
help you find matches based on the job search criteria you set, then send a summary of the results in a daily
email sent every morning for review.