Awesome Motive Inc. / OptinMonster: Product Developer (PHP / JS)
Posted almost 2 years ago
Headquarters: Anywhere, World
About the Company:
At Awesome Motive
, we help small businesses grow and compete with the big guys by creating market leading software and growth tools.
Over 10 million websites use our software and training videos to grow their traffic, email subscribers, and business revenue.
We are the company behind popular marketing products including OptinMonster, WPForms, MonsterInsights, SeedProd, WP Mail SMTP, RafflePress, TrustPulse, and more. We also run a suite of popular blogs including WPBeginner, the largest free WordPress resource site for beginners.
About the role:
As a Product Developer at Awesome Motive, you're responsible for Making Stuff Go. You will build infrastructure to create new products, improve existing features, squash bugs and help us rapidly scale our fast-growing applications. If you have a happy, can-do attitude along love with a love for developing products that are simple to use and help customers win, we would like to meet you.
You will be working in our product team for OptinMonster
, the #1 most powerful conversion optimization toolkit in the world - trusted by over 700,000+ websites.
To love this role, here’s the type of person you are:
- You're a self-starter who loves taking initiative and seeing things through to completion.
- You're an excellent communicator who makes sure nothing slips through the cracks.
- You have the curiosity and desire to learn and grow your skills.
- You're passionate about leaving your mark on the web for all to see.
- You take pride in the quality and craftsmanship of your work rather than just doing it to get it done.
Here are some skills that will come handy:
- A strong understanding of the Web basics including HTTP, HTML, and CSS (SASS a plus).
- Advanced proficiency in PHP language. Other server side language experience is a plus, but not required.
- Good understanding of WordPress plugin architecture and engineering.
- Ability to use and extend build tools like gulp and webpack.
- Familiarity with package managers such as NPM and composer.
- The ability to iterate and ship ideas quickly.
- Exceptional troubleshooting abilities.
- Must be comfortable with customer-facing roles including support and documentation.
- Ability to keep complex ideas and features simple. (Simplicity is a core value!)
- The ability to juggle multiple projects and timelines.
- Extremely organized and able to manage time effectively.
- Excel in a team environment and able to communicate clearly with your peers.
What we offer:
Working for a fully remote, fast-growing bootstrapped company is a rare opportunity, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. Our positions are challenging, but also come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. Here’s what we offer.
- Competitive Salary.
- Health Insurance benefits for full-time U.S. employees.
- Flexible Schedule – Work from your home. We’re spread out all over the world – United States, UK, Czech Republic, Greece, Pakistan, and more.
- We encourage employees to take the time they need for vacation, to stay healthy, and to spend time with friends and family.
- After one year with the company: 30 calendar days paid maternity/paternity leave, and up to 60 calendar days total time off with position guaranteed.
- We happily provide or reimburse software you’ll need as well as opportunities that promote continued learning.
- We give you the opportunity to solve challenging and meaningful problems that makes a difference.
- Custom Branded laptop at your five year anniversary.
- We cover all costs of company travel (including our annual all-company retreat and mini-team meetups).
- Ability to work with some of the best people in the business through frequent, if not daily, interactions.
- And in case you were wondering: no politics, no b.s., and no jerks.
At Awesome Motive, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. Awesome Motive is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply: https://awesomemotive.com/career/product-developer/?utm_source=weworkremotely&utm_medium=joblisting&utm_campaign=customer_onboarding_specialist
A new window will open to the job source site.