Find your next great job
A daily email of jobs matching your skills and preferences.
Sign Up 👋
42: Software Engineer (Full Time, Remote)
Posted about 2 years ago
Headquarters: San Francisco, USA
We are looking for a software engineer to join our team! This person will work directly with the Founders and Director of Analytics at 42 Technologies to hack on our retail analytics platform.
Retailers and fashion brands have a wealth of data available, but it's locked away in legacy systems and siloed third parties. Figuring out what products are selling in their stores or online, or what’s running out of stock is a daily struggle.
This is what we fix. We’re not just doing reporting - our product is an end-to-end retail analytics stack.
After graduating from Y Combinator (W 14), we've worked hard on the product, and we’re ready to grow our engineering team. Our analytics platform is central to the workflow of global retail brands, such as Rebecca Minkoff, The Frye Company and AllSaints – and we help our clients analyze billions of dollars of retail transactions every day.
- Keeping things fast and granular even when doing hundreds of aggregations over 250m+ rows across dozens of tables.
- Improving our integrations framework to automate customer onboarding.
- Generalizing features to make them work across all of our customers.
PROJECTS YOU MIGHT WORK ON
- You'll be talking directly with brands you've heard of, and you'll have a direct impact on their bottom line. At the same time, you'll be making big improvements to our integration framework and on-boarding process.
- Integrate with time-series prediction libraries (or create a model), and give our users the ability to perform forward-looking queries.
- Enable end-users to fork and make live modifications to their data (ex: item attributes), and push those changes to other users and source systems.
- Node, Angular, Webpack, SASS
- PySpark, SQL
- Docker, AWS, Google Cloud Platform
- At least 2 years of professional experience (full-stack or not)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or similar) strongly preferred
- Experience with SQL and distributed data processing systems
- Excited about working for a seed-stage, growing startup that executes quickly
- You’re resourceful and find ways to get things done
- Proven capabilities and capacity to work remotely and communicate effectively
WHY JOIN US?
- Our product is loved by our customers and has extremely high engagement; users have told us that they would cry if they lost access to 42.
- We are a Y-Combinator backed company, co-founded by two Forbes 30 Under 30 recipients and serial hackathon winners. Our team members come from P&G, SAP, Harvard Business School, Deloitte Consulting, and Flexport.
- We are a no-ego collaborative group! We are always open to sharing ideas about how to improve the platform and processes.
- Our engineers have a high-degree of autonomy, but we all work together to improve the core product and frameworks. Our process is simple and lightweight, as we're still growing the engineering team.
- We do pair programming or white-boarding sessions to solve unfamiliar problems. We encourage pull requests for bigger changes, but engineers are also able to push to production directly.
- Every quarter, we collaborate on high-level goals for the engineering team, both as a company and for the product roadmap. We then have bi-weekly meetings to track the progress of these goals, plan bigger codebase changes, and introduce new framework features to other engineers. We also have a company-wide meeting on Mondays, where engineers demo product-level changes.
WORKING AT 42
We're detail-oriented, ambitious and product-driven. We love hearing our customers say "wow" when we show them what we're up to.
Our benefits include:
- Equity or bonuses in a seed-stage startup.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, wherever you are based.
- Lunches are covered and any snack you want, or a stipend.
- Fitness or gym membership reimbursed.
- Flying into San Francisco HQ (or a team meetup in another city), every 3 - 6 months, wherever you are in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
- Provide at minimum a resume and/or LinkedIn that describes your previous work; having a Website or Github will also help us evaluate your experience
- Explain what country and timezone you are based out of
- Provide a brief paragraph (at least 2-3 sentences) on why you are interested in our posting
To prove you actually read this posting and understand what we are looking for, please add "BACON BITS" to your email subject line when you apply. This helps us filter serious candidates!
To apply: email@example.com
A new window will open to the job source site.
Job research tailored to you.
Growing a career that's right for you is a life-changer, but it's undeniable that the job search
gets tougher every year. With automated hiring processes, resume filters and questionable interview practices,
finding a job that a tech skillset has become seriously challenging.
That's where we step in. Careeriscope can help lighten the stress load by making your search a bit easier. We
help you find matches based on the job search criteria you set, then send a summary of the results in a daily
email sent every morning for review.